Sign in to follow this  
BoltBait

Sci-Fi suggestions needed

Does it block the word <No cursing.>? <No cursing.>, it does. bloody potato! (lol, c.r.a.p = bloody potato)

Edited by csm725

I was wondering because the word was particular to Red Dwarf. In fact that is the only place I've heard it used. I was not musing on the autocensor in general.

'Warehouse 13' is starting tomorrow on TV here in NZ with a 2 hour premiere. It's described as a sci-fi comedy drama.

Anyone seen it? Is it worth watching or should I avoid it like a Zombie yelling "BRAAAAAIIIINS"?

My wife bought me the 3 seasons of Star Trek (The Original Series) for Christmas!

First, sorry for bringing back an old thread.

Alright, so I am going to have to join Rick and Pyrochild here and recommend Battlestar Galactica. I wasn't expecting much, and the fact that it was a SyFy series kind of scared me. BUT I found it to be fantastic! Acting is really solid, it never feels repetitive, storyline is interesting, and the overall story archs are well planted. Special effects are pretty good for TV. I think the major reason I enjoyed it so much is its versatility. Sometimes it is strictly science fiction, other times it will be very political or military fiction. I think you'll frakkin' love it ;)

Here's what I've already got on DVD:

Firefly (season 1 plus the movie)

Star Trek: The Next Generation (all 7 seasons)

Stargate SG-1 (all 10 seasons plus the movies)

Stargate Atlantis (all 5 seasons)

Sarah Connor Chronicles (season 1--still need season 2)

Alien Nation (all seasons and movies)

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC series)

I want to get another sci-fi tv series on DVD. My problem is that I've never really seen much else.

What would you suggest and why?

(No Dr. Who!)

i love the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy movie

Not really Sci-Fi, but we have been getting the series Twin Peaks through NetFlix. I watched the entire series when it was out on TV, but my wife had never seen it. It's more of a paranormal/suspense show (think X-Files) but it was created by David Lynch before he became famous as a movie director so it has that odd sense of dark humor he has in a lot of his work. There are only 2 seasons and a movie, but it's a really great tale of murder and betrayal with a lot of strange side plots and some very nice looking ladies.

From the first episode..... Wrapped in plastic

Star Wars: It is really exciting and thrilling. There are a whole lot of elements. Great movies!

Yes and get clone wars (not the animated version, the 3d like one)

Edited by Yusuf Zah

Star Wars: Clone Wars (The one from 2003, not the one currently in production) Volume 1 is seasons 1 and 2. Volume 2 is season 3

It shows the ARC troopers in all their glory

Skip to 3:09 the coolest takedown of a tank of all time, ever.

Edited by teh501stSnoipeh

Here's what I've already got on DVD:

Firefly (season 1 plus the movie)

Star Trek: The Next Generation (all 7 seasons)

Stargate SG-1 (all 10 seasons plus the movies)

Stargate Atlantis (all 5 seasons)

Sarah Connor Chronicles (season 1--still need season 2)

Alien Nation (all seasons and movies)

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC series)

I want to get another sci-fi tv series on DVD. My problem is that I've never really seen much else.

What would you suggest and why?

(No Dr. Who!)

after Sg1 and Atlantis, what else is there? :D

BSG, new series

Farscape yes! and there might be a new movie for that

Dark Angel

Alias, while not strictly Sci-fi, its pretty close and awesome!

such is my Stargate geekness :D

NewIDCard-2_zpsfcae6c35.jpg

For some reason IMFDB (Internet Movie Firearm Database) has InuYasha categorized as Sci-Fi, even though it is about as far away from it as can be. Everything is based on demons in ancient Japan, and the only firearm shown is from the 1400's. So yeah... No idea how it got a Sci-Fi categorization.

On that note, I definitely recommend InuYasha, which is classified oddly, but an awesome show nonetheless. (Start with episode 1, though. You have to see that one first or everything else will make absolutely zero sense whatsoever. I came in at about episode 55, and I had no idea what the heck was going on, but once I went back to the start, it all made sense!)

Edited by teh501stSnoipeh