Draw in Three Dimensions

aguba

I'm at the step just before using the alpha masks. I have them created and ready to go. What I need is more info on creating an origin. This is the first time I've heard of it and am not sure what you mean. It says create an origin on the black layer. How do you do that? I'm having a ball doing this and am loathe to put it down, even to wait on an answer. HELP!

I'm at the step just before using the alpha masks. I have them created and ready to go. What I need is more info on creating an origin. This is the first time I've heard of it and am not sure what you mean. It says create an origin on the black layer. How do you do that? I'm having a ball doing this and am loathe to put it down, even to wait on an answer. HELP!

I have no idea what this is or how to do it. I'd say skip it, it makes no visible difference (look at my results, I skipped that whole black layer step).

Here's another one. I seem to be having a lot of these lately. Step six calls for running feather with true feather checked on a moderate feather radius plus at a high effective strength. The only feature on my feather is a radius. There is no true feather, no effective strength, just the radius. Am I missing another plug in?

Definitely the one with soften portrait. There are still some jaggies left. Why not try a soft blur? Perhaps run a gaussian blur at 2 radius. Me...I plan on using the zoom blur. It makes for some wicked effects. Might not work on this one though...unless...ha ha ha. I got an idea. Hope I don't get all blowed up.

Edited by uvah

The Feather Object plugin has been upgraded, True Feather is now a thing of the past.

==============================================================

This will probably work as an alternative.

Magic Wand the object that is supposed to have True Feather applied to it.

Then, use the NewSelFeatherBeta.

Edited by Sarkut

Here's another one. I seem to be having a lot of these lately. Step six calls for running feather with true feather checked on a moderate feather radius plus at a high effective strength. The only feature on my feather is a radius. There is no true feather, no effective strength, just the radius. Am I missing another plug in?

I had the same problem, the way I got around it was:

1. Use the magic wand tool to select the black area.

2. Use the "Outline Selection" plugin and fiddle about with the width.

3. Use alpha mask to remove the remaining black.

At least now I know. I seem to be coming late to these tuts. I need a serious upgrade...lol. I read somewhere, probably in another tut, that there are 700 plug ins for PDN. Can you imagine loading them all. We wouldn't have to do anything. The program would do itself...ROFL.

I'm gonna give this one another go. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I read somewhere, probably in another tut, that there are 700 plug ins for PDN. Can you imagine loading them all. We wouldn't have to do anything. The program would do itself...ROFL.

I have nearly 700 plugins for PDN, and yes, it was a real crab (uh-huh) to download them all. It takes quite a while to open PDN buuuut..... What ever you want to do (with a picture), there's a (plugin) for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Could someone possibly elaborate on Step 7. I don't quite understand what Aguba means by applying "various" gradients as part of steps needed to create the layer "surface glow". Lol that nasty white slash across the top of my lettering was my dodgy attempt at achieving the glossiness without much success in my opinion :(. Sadly this first attempt looks so.. boo. I dunno, like unrefined and dirty? I suspect though that the resolution I started working in from the start was too small but I'll be sure to try again! I just need some clarity and assistance with step 7.

PS I'm also have no idea how to apply a "Light Vignette"... Is that an effect? Or another plugin I should download? :P

Thanks in advance

-Zen

post-64533-128487949557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zenith-Nadir

• 3 weeks later...

To hard to finish, I gave up, didn't quit understand everything since I'm not English. But I'm new to this so...

Serious answer is loading... 56%

684kzd.png

A gradient (linear, radial, etc) is like in the latter part of step 9. Don't forget to switch it to transparent to lighten up.

The Vignett can be found in effects/photo/vignette.

Good Luck!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

This tutorial could've been a lot more polished actually, and I completely forgot a step. Unfortunately, I did this at like 1am and I was in one of those "let's get this over with" moods.

I get stuck on part of it.so that must be the section you missed out.

Thanks will give it another go.boltbait.smile.png

Edited by ipswichmanc

me.png             

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a great tutorial... I did get a little lost here and there, but i think i figured it out in the end... This is my first post, im still very new at paint.net but these tutorials are very helpful....

here is my try at it

2gujfd0.png

• 2 weeks later...

I did a lot of improvising, but here's my attempt! Anything that needs to be changed, please tell me!!

3DJulioCoolioSig.png

This may only be personal opinion, however I would assume that the sharpness of the reflection suggests that the lettering should be sharp also - without the blue glow.

Otherwise I like it...

Cheers,

V

naturesig.png

• 4 months later...

im having problems applying the shine. whenever i select around the white line, it just fills in the entire selection with gradient instead of the white line. when i try using the magic wand to select, i can get the gradient just in there but when i deselect it leaves a white trail where the selection was. can anyone help me?

nevermind. set the gradient to transparency mode and it was fixed. didnt even know that command was there :)

Edited by StrangeLob

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great Tutorial, I deviated quite a bit past getting the seperate layers to work with in place, especially with the transparency.

I also added a 3D grid to make it look more like this was done in a 3D studio.

This is the result of a request for someone I know on this other forum.

3LmPIak.jpg

EDIT: I tried again, the result was a huge success:

8r0wpbN.png

Edited by The Mystical Burrito

EVd1gES.png