Sign in to follow this  
Picc84

easy ways to make a webpage?

Should i learn how to use Dreamweaver? People say that it is amazeing... but i'am looking for more of a WYSIWYG editro... unless dreamweaver is one of those????????

never took the time to look at it...

Dreamweaver is a wygiwyg editor but if you want a free wysiwyg editor try Nvu. Using a wysiwyg editor is ok but you need to also know HTML and CSS in my opinion for times you want to just make a quick change and don't have access to your usual editor.

To many so called web designers just install Frontpage and use templates then charge ridiculous amounts for the sites.

yea my school admin uses Frontpage and he sucks at it, he charged like 300 dollors for the site and 100 dollors a month for updates and upkeep, witch is ridicules, cause i could make a bettersite, useing MsWORD!

I have learned HTML, but all these random people that critiq my site say, learn xhtml, css, java, and use flash... but thats a lot! what should i do? stick with html? or learn all these things, and yes, i have Macromedia Flash MX...

I hear this is a pretty easy way to make web pages:

http://pages.google.com/

Yes Google does make making web pages easy.

If you are new to making web pages I'd recommend either diving in their and writing them by hand (like I did) or downloading a wysiwyg editor such as Nvu and making webpages that way BUT also look at the code and learn how it works. Also remember that not everyone has broadband so try and keep the amount of images on a page to a minimum and optimise the images you do have.

I've got the HTML editor and had a quick play with it. Reminds me a lot of Topstyle pro. Not seen anything particularly special about it yet. The graphics program I think I will miss as it looks as if it will be as complicated as PSP/PS

Well it will be a different program from photoshop.

My main reason for getting it if I do would be the ability to combine vector layers and pixel layers.

I could always just run Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time and import files though.

I saw something about a .NET 3.0 package, what is with that Rick?

just to put it out there i use first page 2006

it is ok i like it better then just using notpage seens with it i can see what i have done with out saving it then opening it

just to put it out there i use first page 2006

it is ok i like it better then just using notpage seens with it i can see what i have done with out saving it then opening it

This topic is 10 months old and it says this in the rules:

"9) Don't respond to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted."