Want to replace a sky in a photo

I have a photo that has a white background and I want to replace it with a blue sky and clouds. I do have a picture of the sky in another folder that I would like to use.

I think that I need to layer it in, but I have no clue on how to use the layers. If someone could help I would apreciate it. I know that I probably need to read something about it in a tutorial, but just downloaded this program, and I have to go to work in a minute.....

Some links to help would be great or someone to explain it or whatever. When I have time to read all the other stuff on this site and use the program , I am sure that I will learn more.

I am doing this picture for a friend and wanted to show her parents, but I can't fix it "Fast Enough".

Thank you in advance.... Conbon

I need someone to tell me how to do a layer, step by step. Cause I don't get it.

I have a picture with a whited out sky. I have another photo on the computer to put in the whited out sky area.

I have been able to get the sky on top of the photo, but it comes up like a square, and I need it to be the shape of the white sky that I want to cut out.

Can someone help me out here?

In the layers window, the button to the left (with the +) adds a new layer, the arrows beside it moves the selected layer.

Make a new layer, paste the image with the sky in this layer and move the layer beneath the original image.

Use the tutorial that pyrochild linked to, to remove the white spaces. You could also try using the magic wand to select the white areas and delete them.