Automatic install fails since approx. the last 3 updates

UweKeim

Always the same behaviour:

1. PDN reports "Update available".

2. I click "Install when exit".

3. When exiting it installs.

4. At the end of installation it reports some generic "Installation failed".

5. I have no PDN installed at all on my system.

6. Must do a fresh download and install of PDN which succeeds.

Windows 7 32 bit German, VS.NET 2008, no .NET 4.

Maybe consider fixing this.

Thanks

Uwe

• [*:2fitelgm]
My personal 24/7 webcam
[*:2fitelgm]Zeta Test - Intuitive, competitive Test Management environment for Test Plans and Test Cases. Download now!
[*:2fitelgm]Zeta Producer Desktop CMS - Intuitive, very easy to use. Download now!

Maybe consider fixing this.

Since it appears that you're not a native English speaker, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're not trying to be passive-aggressive here. :-P (as an aside, that could be considered a derisive comment)

I'm not a developer on the program, but I'm betting he'll need some more information from you. Be prepared for the possibility that this is in fact not a problem with the program, but with your machine. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sure!

I am very thankful that an application like PDN exists, so any possibly contained aggression in my post is by accident only for which I deeply apologize.

You are also right that it is probably my machine that causes the setup to fail. Being a ISV myself, I usually try to provide workarounds even for issues that are not caused by my application but by the client's environment.

Cheers

Uwe

• [*:2fitelgm]
My personal 24/7 webcam
[*:2fitelgm]Zeta Test - Intuitive, competitive Test Management environment for Test Plans and Test Cases. Download now!
[*:2fitelgm]Zeta Producer Desktop CMS - Intuitive, very easy to use. Download now!