Are there layer-changing-shortcuts?

Hi,

I really often need to change the active layer but I normally controll my mouse with the arrow keys for more control so it's really annoying to change the active layer or the layer visibility with the mouse (because I hold the mouse in the air while moving it with the keyboard to be able to click but not moving the mouse inadvertently and after clicking somewhere inside the layer window it needs an additional click inside the drawing area to make arrow-key-mouse-control available again)

I searched for shortkeys but all I can find are lists where the shortkeys for the layer menu are listed, so I was asking myself if there are any shortkeys yet and if so what they are.

That's a seriously strange way to use your mouse!

I have to disagree: Changing the layer / layer visibility with the mouse is very easy.

There are no such shortcuts. You may need to invest in a trackball or touchpad if you don't like using a mouse the normal way...doesn't your hand get tired?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

(because I hold the mouse in the air while moving it with the keyboard to be able to click but not moving the mouse inadvertently and after clicking somewhere inside the layer window it needs an additional click inside the drawing area to make arrow-key-mouse-control available again)

I have to see this.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

(because I hold the mouse in the air while moving it with the keyboard to be able to click but not moving the mouse inadvertently and after clicking somewhere inside the layer window it needs an additional click inside the drawing area to make arrow-key-mouse-control available again)

I have to see this.

one hand to the arrow keys, the other to the mouse, lift the mouse, maybe turn your hand to the side and lay it down again

have to disagree: Changing the layer / layer visibility with the mouse is very easy.

yes but after changing the layer in any way by clicking into the layers window you can't move the mouse with the arrow keys anymor until you click at the drawing area

my mouse is quite precise and other hardware wouldn't help because I'm not drawing pictures in any way (I can't draw) I'm constructing them due using the coordinates and to do it without the aroow keys I'd need to turn the mouse speed to minimum and thats quite annoying since I don't know shortkeys for changing the mouse speed in windows because while not constructing images I need a very high mouse speed. I could use the dpi-settings of my mouse to slow it down but that would make my mouse unprecise...

Actually, if you are working with only two layers,

you can shift which layer is active, too.

Assuming both layers are visible to start:

F4 + Tab + Spacebar + Enter +

Ctrl Z

This will change the working layer and leave both layers visible.

You need to remember to go mouse-button-up before doing the

keyboard layer change, but the mouse cursor will remain in place

if you have been holding the mouse in mid-air.

F4 + Tab + Spacebar + Enter + Ctrl Z.

Doesn't that seem more work than clicking on the layer? I'd have trouble just remembering the combination :D