How do you make a "letterpress" effect in paint.net

Anyone have an easier way of doing "letterpress" text effects in paint.net? At the moment I'm using 4 layers:

1: Background layer#404040

2: Round Rectangle layer #A0A0A0

3: Text 1 layer #000000

4: Text 2 layer #404040

Making the font size for Text 1 and Text 2 the same and then just slight shifting the position of Text 1 layer to give a tiny shadow.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Anyone have an easier way of doing "letterpress" text effects in paint.net? At the moment I'm using 4 layers:

Making the font size for Text 1 and Text 2 the same and then just slight shifting the position of Text 1 layer to give a tiny shadow.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Could you post an image as an example to give everyone a better idea of what you are looking for as your end result. There are many ways of doing just about everything in PdN and you might get several suggestions from different people.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 3 years later...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

To make the letterpress effect easily, I use the Drop Shadow plugin for Paint.net. I make 2 layers and apply the drop shadow to the upper one.

P.S. - Didn't have time to upload pictures and explain in more detail, but hope I helped! :)

Edited by pdnnoob
fixed your link

A couple of things:

First of all, welcome to the forum :) Please take a look at the forum rules (check out rule 11 in particular)

Please don't revive very old threads. Looking at the timestamp, the last reply was over three years old. The discussion is dead, so let it rest in peace.

Secondly, this forum is the only safe (and legal) place to download plugins from. Moreover, the authors of the plugins occasionally update them. The site you linked to is an unauthorized compilation of outdated plugins from this forum.

I changed your link to point to the plugin on this forum.

Since the topic is more or less dead...

<locked>

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo