Wish: Open PDF and extract images

Simply changing the file extension won't work; PDF and PNG are two completely different types of files. The best way to do it is to put the file through a file converter, such as Zamzar (which is what was recommended last time this question was asked).

It all depends on the program that create the PDF file, I see most of the images in PDF format could be copied and pasted in Paint.net, so what you do is to open the pdf file and left click on any where on the image to highlight it, then right click and select "Copy Image" from the dialog window, hope it will work with your file.

• 2 years later...

A screenshot from the PDF file creates an image with a very low resolution and dpi... I would like to convert an image from PDF to a very high resolution PNG/JPG file... Paint.NET cannot open any PDF file. I'm working now with Inkscape, it opened the PDF file and at the moment i'm trying to find out how to save as PNG in high res :)

EDIT: In Inkscape, if you opened the PDF file, go to File -> Export Britmap. Then you can choose the dpi of the file that you save, and then a PNG file is created. Which you can perfectly open in Paint.NET

Edited by Frank P