Riddleboy's gallery(Updated-01/08/2010)

riddleboy

This one:

LampPost.jpg

Is awesome, although I think the light coming from the bulb is a bit too strong.

This one:

RiverScene.jpg

Is not bad, although I have three major criticisms.

1. The sky. Skies are never one color, even at night or when they're clear. Maybe a lighter purple to darker purple gradient (lighter on the bottom) or something?

2. The water. It appears as though there is none. It looks like there is a floating pathway. Lake water is never perfectly clear, maybe a tint of low-opacity teal. The only reason I knew there was water is because of the reflection, which is nice.

3. The moon. In a realistic or landscape piece, the more work you put into something, the better it is. There are many planet/moon tuts out there, maybe follow one of them to achieve a more realistic look. Now, I wouldn't mind the moon if the pathway wasn't so realistic. You can go either with a fun cartoony look or a serious realistic look. The pathway you made is brilliant, so I think you should make a new moon (Get it? New Moon... :lol: ) with a realistic texture. Otherwise, nice job.

Lol thanks for the indepth help, ive changed the night sky colour and hte water colour and its already looking brilliant, ill look into some moon tutorials and upload the newer image hopefully later tonight.

Oh and if that was a twilight reference i want to make this clear to all posters, NO twilight references, i will not have my topic disgraced by its pathetic mentioning. Lol

EDIT:Updated the picture there with better sky and water and improved moon, although i need to delete some temporary files onmy computer before i can see it you all should be able to see the change

I love the lava lamps. Very colorful and smooth. Well done. I like the street lamp concept. The lamp is well drawn, but I agree you could do more with the night sky.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

An option is to adapt this tut:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31472

You can also download this GIMP tut but it's hard and long, so I would try the above option before this one:

http://gtuts.com/design/the-ultimate-gimp-planet-tutorial/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...