Signatures / Avatars / General Help

FatAdZ

Hey guys,

I'm new here and new to PDN, and I'm looking for some tips and tricks to use when I'm creating stuff.

I don't like following sig tuts; it kinda feels like cheating to me, and I wanna be able to experiment on my own using my own initiative.

What I usually do when making a new tut, is create a gradient border, slap on a render, and then just go crazy with effects and layer properties. Almost always ends up looking awful.

Click on the link in my tut to look for yourself. Pretty darn awful. So literally any help, tips, tricks, whatever, will help loooads!

/beg

Rammstein_Sig.jpg

See All My Creations

Here

New To PDN - Any Tips or Constructive Criticism Welcome

The whole point of the tuts are for you to learn what PdN can do with the least amount of experimentation. In other words, you could learn about every plugin and built in effect that PdN had on your own over time by experimentation, but for you to produce works that make you proud and give you confidence, you are much better off going through a few tuts and learning the tricks and techniques others have discovered. Believe me, it's not cheating, no one will consider you a cheater for learning through tuts. Even the best artists on this forum learn things through tuts. So, give some a try, I guarantee that you will feel much better about your work and it will give you the desire to learn more. Try some of the text effect tuts to start out, you will learn loads of stuff by doing just a few of them. Give these a try

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=28938

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27031

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29042

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=27322

Then maybe move on to some of the creations, or distortions/modifications tuts. In no time you will be kicking out some great stuff. While you are at it, look through some of the galleries in the Pictorium. Trust me, this is the best way to get to where you want to be.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

You'll really want to read this: The Ultimate Guide to Tags

Awesome guys, thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I'll give those tutorials a crawl through when I have a little more time.

It's just demoralising when I look around at what other people are creating, then trying something myself and I just can't seem to get it. Ah well, I guess it all comes with experience. Just learnt what a C4D is, and I used one in my Rammstein sig. Personally, I like it, but I would say that. :wink:

Any criticism you have for it or anything I've made would help a ton. Cheers guys.

Rammstein_Sig.jpg

See All My Creations

Here

New To PDN - Any Tips or Constructive Criticism Welcome