The Museum of Soldier Dude (Lrg Pics)

Soldier_Dude05

Below, you will find the PDN created images from various projects, started on January 20th, 2010

Please comment and let me know what you think, and how I can improve.

UPDATED GALLERY Feb/8/2010

Uploaded Date- 2/8/10:

Version One, small version of a possible logo for that all popular website of mine

amini.jpg

Version two, large version, and my favorite, of another possible logo for my website. Might even make a version for my sig!

alrg.jpg

Uploaded Date- 1/28/10:

This will be a possible icon for the website that has been mentioned multiple times below!

handofautremd.gif

Uploaded Date- 1/21/10:

(Click to go to larger image) An actual mock up of the website using new and old background styles.

mockwebsitetheme1clip.jpg

Brick style internet background theme. Realized that it bears resemblance to the xbox theme.

brickfill.jpg

Bar EQ Music style with a depth effect theme for a website background. Or, Armageddon to an 8bit cityscape.

armageddontheme.jpg

Creepy Blood on Metal style for a website background. Blood on Shiny metal!

bloodonmetaltheme.jpg

Dots comming into focus style of a website background. I bet this background thing is getting annoying.

greendotstheme.jpg

Uploaded Date- 1/20/10:

Hex Background for a website design, meant to be tiled.

hextheme.jpg

Lines Background as an iteration for the same website above. Not meant to be tiled (sample small piece)

crazylinestheme.jpg

Star Background as an other iteration to the same website as above. Meant to be tiled.

startiletheme.jpg

Special Thanks to MadJik for his amazing plugin package, and to all those behind PDN.

siggyawesome.jpg

Holey bloody potato! I have a museum!!!--> S_D's Museum!! Clicky!

welcome to the forum. very nice work so far. Maybe a bit dark but that's just my personal opinion. Is blue your favourite color? :lol:

look forward to seeing how you progress.

ciao OMA

Thanks for the comment, and green is actually mr favorite color. The first three are just ideas for the background image of a forum site that me and some friends have access to create. To make a long story short, the owner of the forums has had his site fail twice, so he has tasked it upon us to bring it back from the grave.

As far as the color, I am just using blue as a standard. I think it is a generally nice color to stare at while browsing through forums, but as I am just realizing, the repetitiveness of the grid based pics may get annoying to look at while scrolling.

Thanks again for the opinion!

siggyawesome.jpg

The first one looks good! I am new to Paint.Net and I'm inquisitive to learn more from you and other experienced Paint.Net users.

I have led a confusing PDN journey, because I drifted in and out from it. I was turned on to it early 2007, and began experimenting. I only had the few plugins that came with the program, but I was excited with what I had. Then the same friend told me about the forum and how he used it for the tutorials, and I joined that May (the month, not a typo).

So, I am not technically new, but I haven't been on since late 2007 really. I just got back into it after graduating high school, and enrolling at the Boston Architectural College.

But, I still stick with the simple, which is experimenting. Rarely do I have an idea in mind as I create. I just render, and blur, and distort untill I am pleased with the result. The upside of this process is some funky looking stuff, and when I actually do have a plan in mind, I use what I previously learned to incorporate into it.

So, even not being a pro by any means, if I were ever offer any advice: Experiment! If you get an artist's block: Experiment. Bored: Experiment. I have come up with a few nice works because of it. (Oh, and the tutorials section of the forum is a big help to!) Happy PDN'ing!

siggyawesome.jpg

I have updated my Gallery! Only one tho, but I think it is totally worth it.

That fist took me hours to trace with the curvy tool, and then to fill it, and stuff.

siggyawesome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The pictures are ok, but I'd never use them for web design. Far too busy and dark.

That's what I figured, but, they would be for small parts, title bar backdrops, and that kind of thing. I have a lot more things to try, or want to try.

siggyawesome.jpg