Forum Suggestion: Add "This Is Not a Tech Support Forum"

I have noted that lately there has been several topics being posted regarding non-PDN related issues. I'm not just talking about the latest complaints regarding system restore...goodness that was enough to give me a headache.

I know the announcement in the Alfredo is the only place where it is stated this is not a tech support board. I was thinking it may behoove all of us, myself included, to be reminded in the GD&Q that this subforum is not for tech support either.

Thoughts?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Well, it's in the forum rules...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I get what you are saying, david.

What do you do about users who complain about not having tablet support enabled in PDN? Also, there was a couple of questions regarding porting PDN to work on Mac or Linux, and I am sure Rick is getting tired of answering those questions. I believe it is in the FAQ where he addresses those. Let's be honest: most people don't bother reading the rules, the FAQ, or the Popular Requests topics.

Maybe it's moot to have another announcement to address all of those trends.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Then we'd end up with 25 stickies, one for each thing that people were ignoring and that they'll no doubt continue ignoring.

People don't read. It's just the way things work.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yup. The rules and FAQ are mostly just places we can point people to when they weren't smart enough to read them in the first place.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.