How to integrate links into images

Hello Paint.NET,

I'm in the process of making a banner for a friend of mine, and he wanted links in parts of the banners to be able to function as links. Despite knowing that I did not know how to do this, I said yes, figuring that I could learn how to pretty easily. Essentially, I figured that it would have to look something like this:

Example.png

Now, if you look at the example above, you will see that the 3 links "attached" to the image can be clicked as links(not really, this isn't a working sample). If you click on the black space, nothing will happen. Now, I think that the the 3 bars have to be added separately to the image.

But, I have no clue on how to do this in Paint.NET.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

you would have to do that with coding not the images themselves.

also if you look at this post i made a mini tut on how to make web browser buttons.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33298

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Could you hyperlink the images like you do for the forums?

If you can this is the coding:

[url=YOURURLHERE][img=IMAGEHERE][/url]

i don't quite think that works on websites wilson. I think he is trying to make a banner for a website and thats a whole other animal. What you posted was ppb code and that doesn't work outside the forum perimeters. What he is trying to do needs to be done with html or css coding.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thanks Chad and Wilson.

Actually Wilson, the image is for a forum powered by Invision Power Board(IPB). I thought of that, and in fact, I've done that before for entire images, but the thing is, I'm not sure how I'd do it for something like I posted. The problem is, while I can make 3 bars at the bottom and just "pray" they stack together horizontally, I was wondering if there is some way I can save it along with the rest of the image, so that my friend can do it himself.

EDIT: It will also be hard for me to do it on the forum, since it has one of those pesky "requires moderator approval, please wait" sign up processes.

You could look into image maps, but i'd recommend doing it the normal way, i.e. using pure HTML and CSS for the navbar, this article has several (it has some simple ones as well as dropdown navbars).

Unless you want help making the images for it, this isn't really a web design forum, so asking questions in this one might yield better answers.

KaHuc.png

This is not possible using only 1 image; you must slice your banner into four images.

Replace link1, link2 and link3 with the repective URLs you want to link to, then replace the images with complete URLs of where the image is hosted. Set width and height of each image to what the actual dimensions are.

It is possible using only one image if you have the ability to make image maps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.