Sign in to follow this  
pitos9

Paint.net on MAC>???

is it prossible to have Paint.net on mac? :?:

im not a programmer or anything so i dont know how hard it can possibly be... :lol:

i have a windows 7 computer in my room and an imac downstairs 8)

i prefer things like imovie to windows movie maker, :?

BUT :shock:

there are NO easy to use, free image editing software on mac! :x :x :x :x :x :x

i would've though for a media computer, something would've came with the computer, but no! :roll::roll::roll:

Thank you for listening and i would really appreciate it if you could take this into considerationg! :P

~~pitos9~~ :D

Firstly, as others have said, i'd try a virtual machine. VirtualBox is freeware for now (although it's uncertain whether it will be in the future due to Sun's current situation). The only problem with this is you'd have to buy a copy of Windows to run in it.

An alternative would be to try an online image editor such as Aviary (as David suggested in another thread). Or to buy some better video editing software for Windows (or wait for VLMC).

Alternatively, you could buy Pixelmator, which is only $30 on Amazon and offers more features than Paint.NET does. It would be cheaper than going and buying another license for Windows.

There is no version of Paint.NET for Mac. It runs on Parallels and other similar virtual machines, as well as dual-boot systems.

EDIT: And, according to Rick in the rules thread, there never will be. It's like asking for a swimming bird -- completely different animal.

Although, as i've said in another thread, there's a chance Mono and Wine will improve enough that Paint.NET starts working on OSX and Linux without Rick doing anything. Although it's very unlikely that'll happen soon.

a swimming bird -- completely different animal.

Penguins and some other bird that I saw on some show but I don't know the name.

My analogy stands. There are possible workarounds, there are ways to make it work, but the vast majority of users won't find it simple.

Oh yeah, right. Back on topic. The only way PDN will run on a MAC is to use a virtual box or something called boot camp. Don't know what that is but the others do, so it doesn't matter.

Ok anyway this has been answered, and more than once.

From now on, just go to http://searchpaint.net and type in "paint.net for mac" or something. There's no need to keep adding pages of answers whenever this question pops up.

Thread Closed