How do you render ?

Ive been using Paint.Net for about 4 months now, but I just cant render. I mean - I can render using certain ways...but the edges always come out jagged and not as soft as they would if you used magnetic lasoo/pen tool on photoshop. Is there a way to get smooth edges and render easily? because I have no idea right now.

[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2s960pi.png[/img][/center]

Feather doesn't give the best results when compared to natural anti-aliasing. The best way to get smooth edges is to use Alpha Mask.

Alpha masking is the way to go.

Trace out the object with the line tool and your color as white then fill in the inside of your outline with white and the outside of it with black and there's your alpha mask.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Feather doesn't give the best results when compared to natural anti-aliasing. The best way to get smooth edges is to use Alpha Mask.

I have that plugin installed. I just dont understand it.

Here are two guides to Paint.NET masking, written by a mod here:

Alpha Masking Overview

Alpha Masking Walkthrough

Hopefully these will help you understand how to use it better.