aguba

aguba

It is an unstable bloated piece of bloody potato. Much like iTunes, except iTunes isn't 3GB and I don't have to use it for class.

AGUBA! I love the way you combined the different paper textures for that propaganda poster. Looks good.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yea, why? I love playing with it in class, and the assignments I get where I have to use it are generally a joy.

EDIT:

Oh, well, okay then. Lol.

Thanks :D I was originally going to use just that one crumpled one, but it wasn't gritty enough for what I wanted. And that's where stock paper #2 came in. It's actually the same stock I used for one of my old sigs, one of my first completed pieces:

689f190f3b7bc1cd06901431ff99b188.png

Edited by aguba

Yea, why? I love playing with it in class, and the assignments I get where I have to use it are generally a joy.

EDIT:

Thanks :D I was originally going to use just that one crumpled one, but it wasn't gritty enough for what I wanted. And that's where stock paper #2 came in. It's actually the same stock I used for one of my old sigs, one of my first completed pieces:

I love how you made this look so old. Great job.

I've not used any version of AutoCAD since the 2004 version (which I still have). Even then it was becoming very bloated. I still occasionally get drawings in AutoCAD, but the GIS software I use (ESRI's ArcMap/ArcInfo) will read them in and you can import them into the geodatabase, so I rarely use it. Making bloated software seems to be the norm now days. There are several Open Source drafting and GIS programs available that are lightweight and still powerful.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Here's a simple little "just because" thing I did after looking at flip's Glass Box tutorial.

clarity_by_aguba-d2y3kav.png

EDIT: Now that I really look at it though....the background is over blurred. That irritates me.

Edited by aguba

The crumpled paper ones were really good I thought. Either one. The sig is GREAT! The glass box tute - yep background too blurry. Lowering the opacity on a white background would look good but I really LOVE the box part. Brilliant idea for the box & so very well done.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks, I really liked the concept myself :)

And just to clarify, that sig is old. Like really old. Like back when I started using PDN in 2007 old.

Maybe but it is old as the hills but it's still really great!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

EDIT:

in my opinion i think you have played Elder Scrolls: OBLIVION (http://media.photobucket.com/image/oblivion%20elder%20text/4all4down/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-box.jpg) my reason why. if not its just coincidence.

>>>EDIT>>>

i fogot to mention that i liked it very much ;) along with your new text wallpaper

Edited by Axle

Guest PsychoHarmonic

in my opinion i think you have played Elder Scrolls: OBLIVION (http://media.photobucket.com/image/oblivion%20elder%20text/4all4down/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-box.jpg) my reason why. if not its just coincidence.

>>>EDIT>>>

i fogot to mention that i liked it very much ;) along with your new text wallpaper

+1 to this whole post....

I love how you leave the AA in your pictures and your reason is the same as mine I do not like the "blur effect".

>>>EDIT>>>

I don't remember if that was the original inspiration, but yes I've played Oblivion, and I love it :)

I love how you leave the AA in your pictures and your reason is the same as mine I do not like the "blur effect".

What do you mean?

Edited by aguba

Your latest is just stunning. Amazing how much emotion is in a black and white image. The shading is simply wonderful.

I can see some stripes in the gradients but otherwise, very nice! Love the glossy look you do so well.

PdN seems to have a gradient problem (in terms of stripeyness) for me too. No idea why.

PdN seems to have a gradient problem (in terms of stripeyness) for me too. No idea why.

That's just how gradients work when there's a finite amount of colors between endpoints. Especially for colors that are similar to each other, the infinite gradient of color between them gets quantized into the x amount of colors that your computer can display, resulting in banding.

Photoshop compensates by using dithered gradients. In Paint.NET, you can use Frosted Glass to achieve the same thing.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's just how gradients work when there's a finite amount of colors between endpoints. Especially for colors that are similar to each other, the infinite gradient of color between them gets quantized into the x amount of colors that your computer can display, resulting in banding.

Photoshop compensates by using dithered gradients. In Paint.NET, you can use Frosted Glass to achieve the same thing.

Wow, great tip. I have used several types of blurs to overcome this problem, but had never thought of the frosted glass. I'll give that a try.

Because I'm a JROTC nut and because my drill team needed a logo:

Just a simple little thing that I've been wanting to do.

Very nice logo. That is a great thing you're doing. Thanks for your service. You are a young man with many talents, your family must be very proud of you.

I've been using Frosted Glass for quite some time now. :D

I use it quite a bit, just not as a blur.

Very nice logo. That is a great thing you're doing. Thanks for your service. You are a young man with many talents, your family must be very proud of you.

I appreciate that, thank you. Just don't thank me yet, however, as I have not yet served my country and do not wish to take the credit of those men and women in uniform that have. Still just a high school kid here :P

And to clarify for those who don't know of the JROTC program: [link]

Edited by aguba