aguba

aguba

Wow aguba " lets just fall in love again" is great, it is nicely done, the text and their texture are beautiful, very clean and neat work.

And Nathan_Misch, your image is excellent, you really did a great work, try to post it in Desktop Art section, this thread is for aguba's work, or you can start you own gallery, I am sure you are a good artist and your work is so promising.

Wow aguba " lets just fall in love again" is great, it is nicely done, the text and their texture are beautiful, very clean and neat work.

And Nathan_Misch, your image is excellent, you really did a great work, try to post it in Desktop Art section, this thread is for aguba's work, or you can start you own gallery I am sure you are a good artist and your work is so promising.

Whoops, my apologies on that. My post has been edited and picture moved accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

First real look at your gallery and I`m impressed. I think your 3D work is excellent . Definitely my fave part of the gallery. Lovely clean and smooth lines and nice choice of colours. I like the Paint.Net Freedom to Design logo. Nice work. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

What's up guys. For any of you that miss me, well, I'm here. I've been super ultra ridiculously lazy lately. For the past several months. Anyways, new piece. I haven't felt like doing any 3D so I decided to try something new.

keep_calm_and_zombie_on_by_aguba-d2x1tp3.png

Not my best, but I kinda like it.

Stocks:

http://babybird-stock.deviantart.com/art/White-crumbled-paper-texture-48496295?q=boost:popular+in:resources/textures+paper&qo=6

http://mourningstocks.deviantart.com/art/Old-Paper-1-22865437?q=boost:popular+in:resources/textures+paper&qo=15

like the stuff ^^ As with all galleries I post in (I think Possum's gallery is the only one I've posted in :roll: ), I have a few suggestions.

1) You'll probably rip out your hair if you hear this one more time: anti-alias. AA's assistant by dpy is pretty good for this. It leaves less of a blurry edge than feather and still removes the pixelized edge. However, it does remove the edge by...literally removing it, so don't use it on tiny pieces.

2) I'm glad you decided to try something new. I was getting a bit bored (but still amazed) at seeing repetitive 3D effects. Were you the one that wrote that tutorial?

3) about the new creation. It looks sweet XD. If you could make the text (not so much the bottom right corner. It seems you flattened out your paper there for the sweet looking stamped effect)...to much stuff in the parenthesis let me start that sentence over again lol. If you could make the text follow the paper's rumples, it would look absolutely perfect enough to go in the Galleria. Maybe distortion map?

Amazing creations. keep it up!

EDIT: and one more extremely perfectionistly picky comment

4) If you look very closely at your 3D images with your critical perfectionist eye set to "spotlessly realistic perspectivism," you will notice that the perspective is an immeasurably tiny bit off. The bottom seems to widen out slightly even though it is exactly the same size as the front face...which is exactly why it seems to do that. From personal experience, you should have noticed that things farther away appear smaller than they do close up. Taking this into account, the back of the 3D objects should be a tad smaller than the front (the side you see). Yes, it is an overly picky observation that nobody will ever notice except me and any other perfectionist that reads this comment, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the comments guys. I crave your opinions :D

Also, this piece is called Keep Calm And Zombie On

"Critique-y stuff"

1. Yea, I get the AA card way too many times. However, in this piece the blurry-ish edges were intentional do give it that realistic, gritty, slightly burnt, smudgy ink war poster look. I do agree though that AA can be a bit of a problemo on my 3D stuff.

2. Yes, I was the one who wrote that tutorial :D

However, a lot of credit needs to be given to El3ment4l of deviantART as well. He was the original inspiration for my 3D. He did the same thing I did, using similar techniques, but with Photoshop (therefore making his stuff look over 9000 times better).

3. I actually didn't notice that that area was flattened looking until just now. I put the stamp in the corner so it wouldn't get in the way of the main idea of the image, but tried to make it still as noticeable as possible. I thought about using a distortion map for the text, but I lost that plugin long ago when my computer crashed. I had way too many plugins to remember and only re-downloaded a select few that I felt I needed.

4. I realize that the perspective is off. I'm taking high school engineering classes, so I know how they should look :P However, due to the fact that I am lazy, I choose not to bother with perspective. And no, I don't think that that is an overly picky observation. I have been concerned in the past that the perspective would be too noticeable.

And don't take any of my comments as negative toward yourself. I appreciate your critique :)

You could always try Displacement Map, or is that the same thing?

My bad...that's the one I was talking about.

1) The alias-ness really isn't as noticeable as people say, it's just the first possible improvement everyone spots. I just mentioned it because I was trying to give an alternative to feather in case you didn't fix it because you didn't like what feather did to it ;) Not trying to OMG IT'S NOT ANTI-ALIASED!!! PIKSALD EJEZ OMG!!1!ONE

2) I figured lol. I think you did a good job copying the photoshop version. The one part you missed was the object's reflection of itself. That would take a great deal of work in pdn...

3) I'm finding displacement map quite useful, but it's pretty difficult to use because you can't just use the shadows as your map, so if you didn't save the clouds you used to make the paper, don't bother. It's still galleria worthy in my opinion ^^

4) Engineering classes teach 3D art? Lol I'm just joking. What 3D modeling program do you use in your class? Is it free? I'd like to use a free 3D engineering program too...

Anyways, looking back on all the comments, I think we are the only ones that have noticed that about the perspective, so it shouldn't be a problem XD

Cool stuff!

EDIT: Nice displacement map. I forgot you used a stock photo for the paper...which means point #3 does not apply here, but it may be good to note for later purposes (I'm taking note of it too...I just realized it myself :lol: )

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo