aguba

aguba

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it :D

@Lance: Haha, I knew that would get to some people. I actually put "Studios" on top because I thought it looked better, the piece is called Boom Studios. I intended for people to read the large "Boom" first and the tiny "Studios" second.

@oma: I actually would've done a lot more with the font but I got lazy. Procrastination does something good for once, eh? :P

@soka: The jaggies where actually caused by my method of "3D-ification". Had this been a 3D piece, there would have been jaggies everywhere. Everywhere.

To see the logo "in action", check out Boom Studios]. Anyone with a dA account can make one of these cool portfolios. I'm still messing around with mine, so it's not exactly super awesome.

so sorry i forgot to comment on your latest. I have visited here several times looking at it but forgot to comment :oops:. Great image and great composition, it looks very professional, crisp, and has a nice flow to it. It would fit nicely for a company logo.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Man you are awesome ! This is the best one yet. I see you have resolved the AA issues. Beautiful work. WOW.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

aguba, that's a great work! I see you finally resolved the AA issue. What did you do to avoid that? I would like to know so I could use it in my work too. I have an idea, but want to hear yours first. :D

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Actually, the only reason that there's no visible aliasing is because I resized the image to fit the forums better :P

If you view the full size, you'll see some minor aliasing along the edges of the top of the letters. This is due to the subtle white outline I placed over the surface. Without it, the image is perfectly AA'd.

@oma: I would love to do a tutorial, but the work that goes into my 3D is ridiculously meticulous. That's not saying a tutorial would be out of my grasp or a chore, but it would be quite complicated, atleast in my opinion. Again, that's not a no, but more of a if im bored and feel like doing a detailed tutorial to pass time, why not. :P

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just being lazy about it :P

Also, I'm going through semester exams this week and a tutorial of this magnitude would probably take some time. High school, terrible isn't it? :roll:

absolutely brilliant new image aguba great work mate :D i like it a lot.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I have a challenge for you, Aguba. I love what you've been doing with 3D but I'd like to see you try to stack some 3D images. Somewhat like a step pyramid except less sacrificial. I'd enjoy to see the outcome. Keep up the good work!

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

Thanks guys, I try :D

@0(-.-)0: It's funny that you say that, as I actually had 3D stacks in mind since I started doing this. I also thought of doing a simple pyramid type thing (great minds think alike I suppose ;) ). I think I'll get started on that. And thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, you like, so rock. Great new stuff to go with the great older stuff. Keep it up ! You really have to show me some of your techniques.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

One night, I had an accidental experimentation, and I realized you could use S3D to render a near perfect anti-aliased text. Type your text at it's biggest size if you want, run S3D, Box option, turn off all faces except for the "front." Play with the x, y, z coordinates and then run anti-alias at about 3. It should clear up the jaggies in no time flat.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

love the new image aguba it is so professional looking.

Thanks chad and Possum :D

@Lance: Sounds good. I never really liked playing with Shape 3D, but I think I may just have to give it a try.

@Possum: Just so you know, I've been using quite a bit of Soften Portrait lately. It does wonders with the contrast ;)

U have got to show me how to do this kind of stuff. You have no idea how long I have been trying to achieve that Futuristic, professional, shiny glow! I just love your work, and the next windows should feature your window's glass! Keep it up!

siggyawesome.jpg

Holey bloody potato! I have a museum!!!--> S_D's Museum!! Clicky!