WOTW #11 | WINNER IS...

Congrats Possum' :wink:

If the winner gets to choose ... your choice of next subject could be interesting (knowing how your mind works :P )

Oh I get to choose? I didn't know that ! This is the first thing I've entered on here. :lol: Who to I tell when I decide? Oh man, what to do ?

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I sent the info to flip late last night, so he will put up the official WOTW threads but so you can get a jump on this exciting competition here is the theme and an explanation of what I mean.

WOTW Theme is "Exploring new frontiers", this could be unexplored (or little known) regions of earth, like deep sea, rain forests, mountain ranges or deserts. Also it could be space, other planets, scientific discoveries, the microscopic world etc. This should spark your imagination.

Just so you don't charge headlong into something only to find that it breaks a rule, here is an important part of the rules, but please read the official thread to get the complete list of rules.

- Photographic stocks may be used (but must be referenced) photos taken by you would be preferred. No characters from video/computer games, TV shows or movies. Stocks must be heavily modified in Paint.Net. You cannot just post a photo of a desert and call it an entry.

- You cannot use renders OR C4Ds of any kind. No characters from video/computer games, TV shows or movies. No exceptions !

- You cannot enter something that you've already posted in your gallery or have previously submitted in another contest, but small elements from a previous image may be used as long as they are a minor part of this submission.

Thank you, and enjoy yourselves. I hope to see some imaginative submissions and I hope you are as excited as I am. I will not be submitting an official entry because I don't think it would be fair, but I plan on posting an example just for the fun of it.

Good luck everybody ! Woo Hoo, let the madness begin !

Nice choice Possum' ... one question tho'.

No previously submitted work allowed ... does this include putting together a few complete images that make an entirely new image ? If you know what I mean ...

Yes, I think I understand. I think it would kind of violate the spirit of the rules and depend on how much of the images you used. If you were to take your sub and put it into a water scene that you have never created before with new creatures, and underwater mountains and stuff like that, that would be within the rules, However, if you took your sub image, resized the canvas, added a few rocks and a squid or two and called it a day, that would be a rules violation. Does that make sense?

How's about if I added the sub below a waterfall, that's cascading down a full mountain range ? :lol::lol:

OK I'll play nice and attempt something in space ... that'll definitely be exploring new frontiers for me :P

I was hoping for the Marianas Trench. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench or a giant squid or two. :lol:

Sorry, but no. rules state

" You cannot enter something that you've already posted in your gallery or have previously submitted in another contest, but small elements from a previous image may be used as long as they are a minor part of this submission."

You could do a similar image and use the Galileo. That would be acceptable.