Two Q: inflate/deflate selection & dripping rust

#1 is there a plugin that can increase / decrease the size of the current selection?

i.e. i have the line around a square selected and widen that, selecting a bit of the inside of that square and increasing the selection on the outside.

I found a feather plugin, but it rather seems like a blur tool.

#2 I'm looking for a way to make creeping rust from screws or plates screwed to a wall.

PlugIn?? Why would you need a PlugIn for that? The :MoveSelectionTool: should do the job, too.

The selectionmover is actualy the worst thing to do it with. I want to be able to enter a width or new size for that.

Also, I have seen that Tutorial. It's just not what I'm looking for.

More like this *L is required.

as far as i know there is no plugin for that. There are work arounds for what you are looking to do. as frontcannon said the move pixels function will work if you hold shift while moving the nubs it keeps it proportional and won't distort what you are trying to stretch.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

#1 is there a plugin that can increase / decrease the size of the current selection?

i.e. i have the line around a square selected and widen that, selecting a bit of the inside of that square and increasing the selection on the outside.

I found a feather plugin, but it rather seems like a blur tool.

I am not a”code guy” but i don’t think it is possible to change the selection with a plugin. So that is more likely to be a feature request.

Increase or decrease a selection by a number of pixels. That may be useful.

As for BoltBait’s feather plugin; I am a huge fan of it. I often use it to increase the size of an object into a transparent arrear. But as you point out; it is blurred. I have started to wonder if it was possible to turn that blurring off and on. And how that would work.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

as far as i know there is no plugin for that. There are work arounds for what you are looking to do. as frontcannon said the move pixels function will work if you hold shift while moving the nubs it keeps it proportional and won't distort what you are trying to stretch.

I know, but its rather fiddly if you want to put a background behind an image, and quite exhausting.

but who am i telling that.