Just the Cursor, Please

mrlewp

While I'm here, there's this other annoyance. I've found that many image app's make it very difficult to simply work with the plain pointer type cursor. Oddly, and frustrating, ..... I can recall at least half dozen image app's that - upon first time running the app, you have a pointer/cursor. THEN, after the first time you click on a tool , the cursor is lost forever!! I mean I've spent way too much time searching each and every drop-down menu and toolbox trying to get that cursor back. Never do , unless ! , it's right there as an button to select. Dumbfounded over this??

While I'm here, there's this other annoyance. I've found that many image app's make it very difficult to simply work with the plain pointer type cursor. Oddly, and frustrating, ..... I can recall at least half dozen image app's that - upon first time running the app, you have a pointer/cursor. THEN, after the first time you click on a tool , the cursor is lost forever!! I mean I've spent way too much time searching each and every drop-down menu and toolbox trying to get that cursor back. Never do , unless ! , it's right there as an button to select. Dumbfounded over this??

I think he means that he has other image applications and it makes it difficult with a plain cursor. The first time he runs it the cursor is there and working fine and the next it's gone. But i don't think this is to do with paint.net...?

♠♣I ish a girl,I has hair,Do not touch it,It'll whack you♣♠

37801020.jpg

I'll clarify , though I do believe my grammar is acceptable, and in English. (stung by the "no sense"

"non"-reply.)

I did indicate with the 1st two mentions of the cursor, that I'm talking about the "pointer". I've run into this with other apps., and - I wont swear to it - but thought I began with the "pointer"/cursor when using Paint.net the very first time. At least in the other cases, for certain, upon using any tool within the app, from that time on - I'm always dragging around the last tool used - AS A CURSOR - and can never find the pointer again! Ok, it's not crippling , just may increase the chance of a mistaken alteration to the image being worked on. I cant be the only one this happens to, or is (mildly) bothered by it. I'll live with it , just curious.

Very nice image program, I neglected to say.

Are you saying you want to just work with the your system cursor instead of the custom cursor that changes depending upon your currently selected tool?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Are you saying you want to just work with the your system cursor instead of the custom cursor that changes depending upon your currently selected tool?

Thats what I was thinking he said.

And then I thought he was talking about his cursor dissapering..

idk. :?:

[img]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/dragonG1/MyUserbar.png[/img]

If the cursor is not the standard arrow when it is over the toolbar area, for instance, then that usually happens when some other software is conflicting with the window manager (Windows' window manager, that is). Perhaps your mouse or laptop came with some "pointer management software" which is buggy (it happens! :)). Paint.NET only sets the cursor to be the tool's cursor (e.g., crosshair) when the mouse is over the image canvas. It sounds to me like you are getting the crosshair "stuck" when it should be the arrow -- in the attached screenshot, you would see a crosshair when the mouse is over the toolbar or menu. Is that what you meant?

3_3781efe326c5aa2e0fd96dd0eb76f1c6

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thanks. You nailed it. (or me) I should've recognized that. Truth be told, think I've been spoiled by

my previous long-time image app., which I've dragged along into my XP pc, beyond it's original OS design specs. ( message there a little murky, hope understood ) Not sure why , but it has a button to return to pointer/cursor , at any time. An oddity , by todays standards.

Thanks for time given to trivial matter. Wish you all the best in 2010 !