No graphics tablet support

I heard that graphics tablet support has been removed, and considered not important. Unfortunately it is too important to me. I would love to subscribe and be informed when paint.net has support that you deem satisfactory to the public(as I understand that is why it was removed). I will still recommend paint.net to non tablet users.

Keep up the good work.

I can think of some rules since I'm a lazy developer myself. I've read rule seven and eight now and I still don't like the way you go.

Especially if some of your releases established the fact that Paint.NET supports graphics tablets. Why aren't you kind enough to hold the latest tablet supporting version, point out known bugs and write right above the download link that this version is no longer supported for trouble shooting on the forums.

There are more reasons to do so. Take my story for example: I know of the tablet support from some other websites. Now I go to your website and download the latest release, get all excited, install, start up and then I just can't use my tablet. What do you do now? The tablet is probably not working, right? Because all the sites said (..) and the official site doesn't say anything. So, try new drivers for the tablet, waste a lot of time, nerves and so on - until you finally find out that the tablet support was removed or something.

Well, thank you very much.

And you clearly know the reasoning behind the rule. (not)

Who cares? You have wasted my time.

Especially if some of your releases established the fact that Paint.NET supports graphics tablets. Why aren't you kind enough to hold the latest tablet supporting version, point out known bugs and write right above the download link that this version is no longer supported for trouble shooting on the forums.

Because supporting an older version of a program for a minority of program users is ridiculous, as 1) it means Rick has to deal with issues with two versions, and 2) it also causes a large amount of problems with plugins - plugin developers are going to be even less likely to support older versions of Paint.NET, and I doubt you'd use Paint.NET vanilla flavoured.

Who cares? You have wasted my time.

And that you haven't wasted Rick's time by acting like a 5-year old, and acting out against the rules purely on your own personal basis of how this issue should be managed.

Ok this is ridiculous.

sickbattery, why not just uninstall Paint.NET if you're going to have such an immature and bratty attitude. You say you're a developer, but real developers are also adults. I do not control the content of other sites, you should know that.

Thread Closed, and Child Banned

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg