This is a new posting for those "space-painters." If you think you are the member with the best deep-sky object, feel free to post it here. Rule: the pictures may not be modifications; they must be 100% PDN & created from scratch. Comments are allowed, obviously.

If you don't want to read the bickering, jump to page 2. The pictures should start there.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

C'mon, people. I have seen some REALLY good space pics out there that deserve to be posted here. Trust me, I think you guys really do know how to paint a good planet pic, and you're just hiding it. Just post a reply. I'm sure you can paint something good.

And don't say I'm being rude. I've waited a week for replies, and got zero. I think a lot of members like pics of the Sol system, and would like to see them organized in one thread. I'd like to see some quality stars myself.

YLOD VICTIM

To be incredibly cliched: first! Kind of. Ugh, I hate it when people do that.

But anyway; while it is a valid idea for a contest I think the reason you're getting so few replies (indeed, none whatsoever) may be because of the title of your post. Forgive me for mentioning it, but in my opinion it sounds a LITTL bit like... spam. Not to say that it is, because it isn't, it's just that the spammy title could turn away potential ompetitors. May I suggest a titl more along the lines of "Spacescape Competition"?

Since this involves the use of Paint.NET - shouldn't it be in the General Discussion & Questions?

Also - since when are users allowed to create "official" threads?

Third, but not least - painting in Paint.NET isn't very common - certainly not like in Photoshop - I don't know of any users on here that actually paint in Paint.NET.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

oma? HELEN?

Or not?

No, I'd say most of their stuff is effects based, unless I'm utterly wrong, of course, which is always an option :P

BTW Sozo - I'll get around to posting my planet for the scene you posted sometime :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I'm talking figuratively when i say you're using brushes. You can use effects, blurs, or anything you want. And since when did I say this was an official thread?

YLOD VICTIM

Boy, you guys are rude for a forum that represents a good, quality, piece of freeware(namely, Paint.NET). I'm done with this thread.

Lock it if you wish, mods.

YLOD VICTIM

Boy, you guys are rude for a forum that represents a good, quality, piece of freeware(namely, Paint.NET).

Guys? More than one? yy10 is the only one who is even being remotely rude, everyone else is quoting the rules. Rules you ought to follow next time.

The title has been changed, end of that discussion.

And, yes, I'd be happy to enter. Specify a time-frame for entries.

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

This isn't really a time-based thing. It's more of a "gallery" of pictures that members submit in a reply. I thought it might be nice to see if anyone around here can "paint(effects, lines, whatever)" good pictures of space. Apparently, most members are against the idea. But, if you want to enter, no one's stopping you.

YLOD VICTIM

This isn't really a time-based thing. It's more of a "gallery" of pictures that members submit in a reply. I thought it might be nice to see if anyone around here can "paint(effects, lines, whatever)" good pictures of space. Apparently, just about everyone around here thinks it's a bad idea.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea now that I get it. You mean something like "Sig Battles" without the battling part? Though, I doubt it will get many entries as that's a pretty specific theme.

You could try to win the WOTW and then set the theme as brushed space-scapes. :wink:

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

I have decided that the title shall change no more. Contest, battle, call it whatever you want, but if this thread is not locked, it shall simply be a topic to post any space pictures that you like & want to share with the forum. We're not here to wage WW3, but think of it as a bulletin for those who hobby the cosmos.

YLOD VICTIM