Sign in to follow this  
Picc84

Post Your Desktop Thread

@Myrddin Well, thats one of the reasons....one point in my life i was obsessed with the mac OS and tried to make my xp emulate it as much as possible. to start things off i downloaded star dock and then got windowblinds for the look. and after the trial ended my computer suddenly became classic mode and i couldnt change it back. once it changed back somehow i just decided to leave the toolbar up there

BTW im testing out Rocketdock and i was wondering is there any dock out there in which u can integrate a music player?

Best thing for you to do, if you want it to be free, is to download a uxtheme.dll patch from here and follow the instructions for it to replace its file with a certain .dll on your computer. This enables all themes not signed by Microsoft (which is all but two) to run on your PC.

Very few people have had problems with this method and I can bet that more than half of the members on this forum are either using it or have in the past (myself included).

Personally, the best for themes is the deviantART section for them but there are a lot for Vista, so try not to get bogged down with them all. However, there are some very nice non-OS ones such as Reluna 4, but that's just my taste (well, once was but I've plumped for standard Black XP now).

I thought I'd stop asking questions and post my wallpaper...

Desktop.jpg

I love mac, although I run Windows due to the fact tht it came with my PC, and annoyingly, Mac has virtually none of the games and apps I use for it...[/img]

Very nice wallpapers Stephan and aguba, and aguba, do you have trouble finding your Recycle Bin and IE? :P

They are, in fact, very hard to find. Due to the fact that the icons are so tiny, I have to use Rocket Dock.

Ubuntu has resizable icons....

I'm using Vista...