Post Your Desktop Thread

Picc84

I've just changed my desktop image, so I thought I'd share. There is a gallery of the "Audio-Droid" images here: http://www.onlinecaraudio.co.nz

Desktop.jpg

I know it's untidy - that's sort of how I think. I think.

desk-screen.png

The taskbar is set to disappear unless it's moused over, I just decided to show all you lovely people what it looks like. The wallpaper is a crop of one of my photos :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Hmm...I don't think I've ever done this thread before...

pydt.jpg

Well, that's Danbo, there on my desktop. You can find out more about him here. :-)

My quick-launch toolbar is, from left-to-right:

-The "Show Desktop" button. Largely unused since I learned the Win+D shortcut, but still used every once in a while...

-Microsoft PowerPoint 2008. I do a lot of slideshows for my college ministry, so I open that almost once a day.

-The VPN for my school's wireless network.

-Pidgin, a free multi-account IM client. I usually run it with AIM, Gmail, and Facebook.

-iTunes. I still haven't found a better way to organize my music. In my opinion, iTunes is the only thing Apple has done well.

-Mozilla Firefox. Chrome never really won my heart. Firefox is still my favorite browser. (I have ten)

-Paint.NET! We all know what THAT is, don't we? ;-)

-Adobe Illustrator CS3. As I learn more about it, I get more excited about using it. :-)

-My "Programs" folder. I hole up all of the programs I use on any sort of regular basis in this. I never really liked the Start Menu in that regard- I really miss the "Program Manager" from Windows 3.x.

On my desktop:

-My Computer. Self-explanatory. Yeah, I know you can take it off, but I don't wanna.

-Documents. I didn't like the "My" in front of it. ;-)

-Pictures. See above.

-Music. I made this because I didn't want it hidden inside My Documents. Inside is where I toss music I download. iTunes also drops off all of its content here.

-Videos. Mostly empty, nowadays; I put a lot of its content onto a now-broken external hard drive. :-(

-Recycle Bin. Please tell me I don't have to explain this to you.

-programs. I explained this in the Quick Launch section. I noticed I was throwing shortcuts to all of my programs on the desktop, so I pushed them into a folder to arrange them. Not sure why it's not capitalized... [EDIT]

-Media. Stuff I'm in the process of creating for myself. Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Paint.NET things live here while they're in progress.

-websites. I don't know why this isn't capitalized, either...[EDIT] anyway, HTML, CSS, and element images live here for the websites I create- both for myself and for others.

-Fall08. I'm a student, and I need a handy place to put all of my schoolwork. I've created a folder like this going all the way back to the middle of high school. Inside is a folder for each of my various and sundry classes, and in many of those is a folder for the different projects I might be doing.

So, that was fun! :-)

EDIT: I should note that my theme is "Royale." I love its sleekness and simplicity. Plus, it's shiny. :-) Yes, I have a Media Center PC.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.