Post Your Desktop Thread

Picc84

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/shootingstars_wishinghearts/pingscreen.png

Warning, this could be offensive to your eyes in a G rating sense. I like pink, but I think this went way too far. And no I did not keep this look longer than to say OH MY-NO and take a screenie.

OMG limewire (illegal) :shock: :shock: :shock:

dont worry i have it too

No no no no. Torrent programs in and of themselves are not illegal. They can be used to illegally share files, but they can also be used for legally distributed torrents, such as Linux distros and the like. I myself have a torrent client (Azureus), and I don't pirate software, movies, music, et cetera. :P

Anyway, keeping on-topic, my current desktop is as follows:

desktop10-8sm.jpg

I like keeping my desktop free of icons, so I split the view to add in my Quick Launch bar. It's no fun if you can't look at my desktop and not sneak-a-peek at the programs I use, right? :wink:

Visual style is SlanXP. Wallpaper is one of my own making (GIMP).

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Mmmm, Michelle Trachtenberg. You have good taste in both cars and ladies, CMD.

:D

My desktop:

th_wallpaper8-10-07.png

If anyone knows the origin of my current wallpaper, please speak up so I can credit duly.

The below spectacle was one of the first wallpapers I have created, and, dare I say this aloud, edited on MS Paint. I know, let the flogging begin, but at the time Paint.NET did not even exists in my pitiful small world. I say 'edited' as both the background and the logo are not of my doing, merely the positioning and the drop shadow (edited-in just now), so when I get time, or can be urged to do so, I shall recreate it.

th_sheffieldspacecentrebackgroundJPG.jpg

I'm thinking about keeping in with the same theme of slanted titles on black but with more Science-Fiction programmes included, or at the least more prominent, also cleaning up the white speckles and quite possibly recreating the logo while I'm there. And if you're wondering, it's a small store in The Wicker of Sheffield; Google 'Sheffield Space Centre' and hum-dinghy the location is a shown at the top.

Heh. Your current Desktop wallpaper looks almost like the hologram of the Death Star... <_<

By the way, I meant to link to the full-size screen cap of my desktop, but it seems I've forgotten. After all, it's difficult to see my program icons in that little picture... So:

desktop10-8sm.jpg

[ Click the image for larger view | Standalone (GIMP) image, 1280 x 800 ]

A little clarification: I like a minimalist look to my desktop, so I have very few icons thereon and my Start bar set to auto-hide. That's why there's a 120px extension on the screen-cap. The little black bar on the right is the hidden bar, the extension is all my pretty programs. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

:shock: Sozo, what theme are you using?! I love it!

I believe it's called "Essential".

i want sozos wallpaper T_T

anyway look up 'petercui' on dA ull find lots of other good ones in his dA too

It's on my DA account (linked to in my sig), free for download!

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

• 1 month later...

I actually used a background I found one Sozo's Photobucket account. :P

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304 ... esktop.jpg

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

• 1 month later...

Usually you can tell, just by someone's desktop and start menu, how he uses his computer:

desk1lb9.th.png

desk2ru2.th.png

that's the Luna Element 5.0 (known as 5, without the .0) theme by the way, on Compact Black with compact start menu (I use it mostly because of the compact start menu, the black is a nice bonus) there is no reason beside laziness that I didn't upgrade

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(