Post Your Desktop Thread

Right-click the taskbar (not on a button. if it's full 'cause you have too many programs open, you can right-click the clock) and make sure "Lock the Taskbar" is unchecked. Left-click the space between the start button and the nearest set of dots (or a vertical bar) and drag it to where you want. Top, bottom, left, or right. You may want to lock it again when you're done, as it's prettier that way =)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I've been seeing an increase in top-orientated taskbars, there was a point where I thought I was alone but now I don't feel so isolated in my desktop setup. I am thinking of moving onto the Zune theme but I can't remember if they had a green Start button option. I shall have to try and post the not-so-different new look.

untitledkf7.th.png

My awesome desktop :D

how did you get that picture to resize like that?

I don't know...

Lol...at least you're honest. Well here's my contribution.

Desktop.jpg

PDNSig.jpg

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

- George Bernard Shaw

I plan on downloading Google Desktop for the first and i have a question, does GD hog enough system resources to the point where i can't browse the web or use any of my apps smoothly?

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

I'm really not sure what Google Desktop is, but from the screenshots on the download page it looks like Yahoo Widgets - Yahoo Widgets doesn't take up CPU or that much space, so I would expect the same from Google.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

its not really yahoo widgets

googledesktop.png

now this is my bros google desktop, and he uses the scratch pad a lot to right down random bloody potato, but i edited it out

none the less, he has itunes widget/plugin thing, scratch pad, weather and a wiki search box, there are countless other to put in there

any way it stays on your desktop no mater what, is semi transparent to your background unless you have a window maximized and lets you search your comp for files easily i dont care for it too useless to me

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

Pretty nice, I like Kanji of the day ^_- Although it migth just be me, I like all my bars and stuff out of the way if I have a bunch of them.I normally build Samurize around all that stuff.

~EvilNeko

celloSiggy.jpg
its not really yahoo widgets

now this is my bros google desktop, and he uses the scratch pad a lot to right down random bloody potato, but i edited it out

none the less, he has itunes widget/plugin thing, scratch pad, weather and a wiki search box, there are countless other to put in there

any way it stays on your desktop no mater what, is semi transparent to your background unless you have a window maximized and lets you search your comp for files easily i dont care for it too useless to me

Looks like Yahoo Widgets to me...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

lol, i had both, they are different depending on how you use desktop, you can make google desktop like yahoo widgets, but it would require a limited amount of computer knowledge only people on this forum have lol

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

• 2 months later...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/shootingstars_wishinghearts/pingscreen.png

Warning, this could be offensive to your eyes in a G rating sense. I like pink, but I think this went way too far. And no I did not keep this look longer than to say OH MY-NO and take a screenie.