Post Your Desktop Thread

Picc84

i checked out ubuntu linux and it looks pretty cool, but i have two questions, will my mp3 player function on ubuntu, and will i still need windows updates?

The answers depend on a few things.

What kind of MP3 player are you talking about (hardware or software...what brand, etc)?

If you're still going to run Windows (dual boot), you'll still need to do Windows updates occasionally. If you're just running Ubuntu, you'll only need the GNU/Linux updates that Ubuntu provides.

Bear in mind that Paint.NET is a Windows application (not designed for Linux), so you're going to want to keep Windows installed somewhere to keep using Paint.NET.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

I feel inclined to say this again..

Are you people who have Limewire installed aware that it infects your computer with countless viruses, spyware, and adware? Not to mention it is illigal to download music unless the artist gives the ok, or the song is shortened. It also slows your computer and can be very hard to completely uninstall...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I feel inclined to say this again..

Are you people who have Limewire installed aware that it infects your computer with countless viruses, spyware, and adware? Not to mention it is illigal to download music unless the artist gives the ok, or the song is shortened. It also slows your computer and can be very hard to completely uninstall...

There, is that better?

:]

yata, youre aware that the people who actually use limewire generally dont care about the viruses?

or anything else related to the fact that its illegal?

i dont use limewire, im just saying

personally, for all my illegal downloads i just use audacity and copy the song off of youtube.

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

@Yata: the average computer savvy person will know which songs will have viruses and which wont. ive downloaded well over 300 songs from limewire and have yet to receive a virus. but i do understand where ure coming from.

@spike: Hardware(Creative zen 20gb), ubuntu has a software named 'wine' which can run windows native programs thanks for whichever questions u answered, i most likely will not go dualboot

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

alright. back to posting desktops

i use yOdm 3d (http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id. ... -tools.htm) so i have 4 desktops:

1. i hope you get the joke. if not then go here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image ... f_Adam.jpg

heh.png

2. Jimi Hendrix lives on forever!

jimi.png

3. As does Freddie Mercury.

freddie.png

4. Pink Floyd rocks.

pinkfloyd.png

if there was a fifth one then i would definately put one of Kurt Cobain

and a sixth one would be john bonham/jimmy page/led zeppelin

seventh one would be keith moon

the list would go on for a long long time

siggy-1.jpg