Tamil Unicode Render Problem

faileas

I'll probably try to get screenshots later, if needed though i think i can describe the issue with sufficient clarity to replicate in words. My dad used to use an older version (3.36 i think) of paint.net and pasted from a site that uses unicode to render tamil - This is an example of a site he uses, and should render correctly on current versions of firefox -I'm using 3.5.5

Copying and pasting a passage from there, renders properly in paint.net 3.36, Word 2007 and firefox. It doesn't in notepad, the latest version of paint.net (3.5 something i think) and paint.I'd suggest using arial unicode to test, since its a common font that seems to work correctly with the script, in cases where it works. I'm supposing there's a change between the two versions, and thats what's causing the issue. While its a single, not too common language that i don't think the developers speak, Its still a rather curious bug, and i figured i'd bring it to your attention

EDIT: The system is running windows XP SP3 as well. I guess i should have mentioned that

I'll probably try to get screenshots later, if needed though i think i can describe the issue with sufficient clarity to replicate in words. My dad used to use an older version (3.36 i think) of paint.net and pasted from a site that uses unicode to render tamil - This is an example of a site he uses, and should render correctly on current versions of firefox -I'm using 3.5.5

Copying and pasting a passage from there, renders properly in paint.net 3.36, Word 2007 and firefox. It doesn't in notepad, the latest version of paint.net (3.5 something i think) and paint.I'd suggest using arial unicode to test, since its a common font that seems to work correctly with the script, in cases where it works. I'm supposing there's a change between the two versions, and thats what's causing the issue. While its a single, not too common language that i don't think the developers speak, Its still a rather curious bug, and i figured i'd bring it to your attention

EDIT: The system is running windows XP SP3 as well. I guess i should have mentioned that

While I don't like the idea of speaking for Rick on this, I'm guessing that the cause of this is the change of the text renderer from GDI+ in v3.36 to GDI in v3.5 (for XP).

I'll need a screenshot to have any idea what's going on.

Seems to work fine in Win7 with DirectWrite. (see attached screenshot)

If GDI won't render it, in XP, then ... sorry. There's not much that can really be done there.

3_7cc2737309f6d3b2f92f096a57cfec91

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg