Canvas Size

Recently returned from the Printer, . .

He told me that my canvas size was not the appropriate size for the painting, . . .

the painting is in the middle and is around 1/15 the size of the Canvas,

When configuring the size of the painting I thought that since the painting is to go on the Canvas than the Canvas size should be the same, in this case, 20" x 15", . . what do I need to do to reduce the size of the canvas to a workable size ?

I am now just going to Canvas size and put in different appropriate size and see if that will work, I am assuming that this will not effect the quality or resolution ?

How large is the painting that you are trying to print, in pixels? If you want the print to measure 20 by 15 inches, you will want to make the size of your image at least 4000 by 3000 pixels for good quality. Remember, the smaller the size of the image (in pixels), the worse quality it is in print.

When configuring the size of the painting I thought that since the painting is to go on the Canvas than the Canvas size should be the same, in this case, 20" x 15", . . what do I need to do to reduce the size of the canvas to a workable size ?

I am now just going to Canvas size and put in different appropriate size and see if that will work, I am assuming that this will not effect the quality or resolution ?

Canvas size doesn't move any pixels, it's pretty much a centered cropping tool.

If the painting isn't directly in the middle-

Use the box selection tool, while holding down shift to select a perfect square. Use the move selection tool (looks like a white mouse pointer) if the selection isn't perfectly aligned. When you think you've selected the right area hit Ctrl + Shift + X to crop to the selection.

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

Zieon, use align object plugin instead.

Just downloaded it, thanks.

Jove, are you saying that you want the huge white space around the painting to stay and be the right size?

If you are, just hit Click + Shift + R and enter 1920 as the width and 1440 as the height under the Pixel size. Below where you enter those numbers it should say Print size with another 2 boxes that show width and height in inches.

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)