Jerry's Paint.NET creations

jerry533482

Hi, guys. I've apparently turned out to be pretty good at space scenery, so I've done some tuts(a galaxy tut; http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33201; and a sun tut; http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33221), and I'm trying to make another one. Mcamp14 suggested a nebula tut, so that's the direction I'm headed for. However, it ain't easy. Trust me. Many members have tried and given up on creating quality nebulae, and seem to believe photoshop is the only solution. I beg to differ. They're tryin' to make pix with no help; and to display for themselves so no one learns their technique. But I believe I have stumbled upon some techniques and modded some other tuts enough to effectively mass-produce nebulae artwork. But like I said, I need help. I'm requesting your input and suggestions to make the best nebula tut possible. mcamp14 has already given me some useful information that is crucial for the color and build of the deep-sky object, but seriously, we need more than two people working to create this. Any ideas will likely be accepted, and encouraged. Below I have a rough prototype. Please tell me what needs to be improved, and if possible, how. This is basically going to become a tut that the community has helped create.

nebulaprototype2.png

A note to the mods-I don't mind posting this topic here, but I do believe it would receive a wider audience if it had a thread of it's own. I don't know if you approve of this, but if you do, please let me know.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

• 2 weeks later...

My first sunset. I didn't follow any tuts for this; I just stuck to using gradients and,... viola!

TheBeach_resized.png

Anyone know how to make palm trees, by the way?

YLOD VICTIM

I've been experimenting and combining some more techniques. It turns out you can actually make a 3D sky with Paint.NET! This is no masterpiece, but hey, what are you going to do? I've added a sun to the original to make the pic more realistic. "Sky, Grass, and Sun".

skygrassandsun.png

I can make a tut for this if anyone's interested.

YLOD VICTIM

• 3 weeks later...

You just triple posted man! But whatever.

I like this one a lot:

TheBeach_resized.png

It's nice. Maybe add an umbrella (beach umbrella) and a towel? I see you're adding palm trees - nice touch.

IDK if realistics is your expertise, but if you can, try to make a beach umbrella + towel. That's my challenge.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I've been busy with Simcity 4 lately, so I haven't had much time to post. So to make up for lost time, here's a simple addition to my gallery. I've been focusing on reality way too much, & I need some more cartoony projects.

smiley3D.png

YLOD VICTIM

Just some random junk I came up with. I figured it would do better being posted on the PDN forum then sitting on my hard drive.

PDNrocks.png

Sort of an ode to Rick & PDN. :)

Edited by jerry533482

YLOD VICTIM

• 3 weeks later...

My "4/28/2010 lineup"

Another windows pun:

twirlingwindows.gif

An ode to the good old days of data storage:

floppy_stylized.png

And, my space additions, of course:

I call it "plasmaized ringed lava planet":

plasmaizedringedlavalandplanet.png

And some of my more recent nebula attempts:

nebulafield.png

This one, in my opinion, is my best, because of the way I added colors. It is also my 4th nebula prototype. I've moved on to a more standardized technique:

nebulaprototype4.png

YLOD VICTIM

This was supposed to be part of my SAC entry, but it turned into something beautiful, & I couldn't bear to feature it on the PDN forum as a background object. Plus, the default canvas was 1600x1200, so it was pointless to waste the detail. Here it is.

I call it "Randomized beauty". Click for the full size image:

randomizedbeauty_resized.png

100% PDN.

Additionally, I'm adding a thumbnail link to my SAC entry. I've finished it today, so I figured I'd post it in my gallery. Click on the thumbnail for the full size. Unfortunately, photobucket doesn't allow images over 1024x768, so about a third of the original pixels were resized out.

Behold: An asteroid-side view of an ice giant (I know that's a mouthful, but I wanted my entry to appear on a google image search with fair ease):

asteroid-sideviewofanicegiant_resiz.png

As I said with my entry, 100% original, 100% PDN, & 100% proud of it.

Edited by jerry533482

YLOD VICTIM

• 2 months later...

That's what I've been trying recently, but when you render clouds, it fills the entire canvas, not any particular shape. Do you know any technique that could create a random shape that looks realistic? Heck, even pictures of real clouds do the job. But I'm trying to make 100% PDN nebulae here, not just mods.

Edited by jerry533482

YLOD VICTIM