schmang's Gallery

schmang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone. I haven't any kind of time to do this since I started college four months ago. Anyway, I wanted to see if I still knew my way around paint.net. The pictures are on the large side of the canvas size. To be honest, I didn't want to have images where a huge tv is needed to view them, kind of like my 52" LCD :) Hope you all enjoy.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae354/schmang/starsclouds.png

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae354/schmang/galaxy.png

schmang.png

I like both, and the way that the colors match, but I have a few comments:

I like the nebula in the second one more than the first, and I recommend to use this tutorial's way to make them (just a suggestion).

For the background of the first one, I think for the noise you should turn up the intensity and turn down the coverage, it looks more like outer space that way.

I really like the texture for the planet in the first one, too, very creative.

The second one in my opinion is better and worse at different things. I like the main galaxy, but I don't like the clouds. I recommend changing the colors by selecting each big chunk at a time, and changing the hue just a little bit (using hue/saturation), like this. (I only did a few.)

Good work!

But by the way, only one gallery is allowed...according to your created topics you have 4 others (I always check to see whenever posting in a gallery.)...

Edited by himself22

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

schmang, I've merged your FOUR (!) active Pictorium threads into one. Feel free to rename if you like, but please read the rules for each subforum before starting threads in them.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.