The Paint.Net 3.5.x fonts disaster

The way Paint.Net 3.5 handles fonts, turns out to be a real disaster - because fonts that are a subset of a given font family are just not seen, not listed, and thus cannot be used.

For example: om my Win7 system the Arial font family contains 10 installed fonts in three subsets: (1, main subset) Regular, Bold, Italic, Italic Bold; (2, narrow subset) Narrow, Narrow Bold, Narrow Italic, Narrow Italic Bold; (3, extrabold subset) Black, Black Oblique.

In this example, Paint.Net will see and list only the four fonts in 1, the main set. The six alternative Arial varieties in subsets 2 and 3 will not be seen or listed, and therefore those six Arial fonts cannot be used in image editing.

In my opinion this is a major bug, a real show-stopper, and I must say that I would expect something like this in a beta version, but I'm really surprised this was not corrected for the final 3.5 versions! I can only hope this will be corrected soon.

Cool your jets. Posting a thread with that sort of title and vitriol like that is not the way to get help on this forum. Come back with a better attitude if you want help.

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.