An irelivent discussion...

EDIT: Originally called " 'Newbie' Grrrrr... "

Hi all!

Some may disagree with me on this but I HATE the word newbie!

Could it possibly be banned from the forum, or replaced with 'beginner', or 'starter' or 'I'm new to Paint.NET'. The word newbie is really annoying and it degrades the forum to the lowest of low. I apologise to any guests who have had to put up with...NEWBIE...flashing up all over their screens.

If you think I have spoken out of turn, or agree with me, please PM me.

Zacariem 8)

They said we couldn't fly.

We did.

Anythings possible!

zacariem_firy_sig2.png

sparked by my usage of the word newbie. Well I'm sorry if it upsets you, it was the easiest thing I could think of at midnight...

RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM...TRICK OR TREAT!

Well, from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie

A newbie is a newcomer to a particular field...

So really, though it is internet slang, it does fit. And though I don't care much for most internet slang, newbie is at least formed like a word, so it's not nearly as annoying. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

@ Ryu281

Hey you don't need to say sorry, how could you know that I didn't like it? It's not your foult!

@ Crazy Man Dan

Didn't know about the wiki I suppose your right as usual lol!

We did.

Anythings possible!

zacariem_firy_sig2.png

Ok so you're polluting the forum with a rant about the use of a word.

I guess we could identify every issue that bugs us about every post, and write a huge "FAQ -- READ THIS FIRST" post. So then every new person would have to read 50 pages of stuff before they could use the forum. I don't think that's really going to help. People don't read through bloody potato like that (I certainly don't).

If someone wants to refer to themself as a newbie, it's just their way of disclaiming experience in an attempt to get the most help possible.

Something like this is so low on my radar of things to worry about that I'm not even sure why I wrote this post.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Trickman is right.....next time post in the overflow...

anyway.....newbie is alright to me....noob is a bit worst.....and n00b is the worst ever.......i'm new here.....is the best one...or started a few days ago......

anyways....the word someone uses depends a lot on the person and in the language he is used to do.....

bannercodeah7.png

the word newbie can be interpreted in many ways.

For example:

"Stop being a newbie" = "Stop being a n00b"

"Hehe. You're still a newbie, but I know you'll get better with pratice" = "Hehe. You're still new on this, but I know you'll get better with pratice"

sig6rj3.png

i guess what you said is wrong....

the first word depend on the context.....

EX: John: Oh no! how can i do this?

Mariah: John....you already did that....you can do better.... stop being a newbie.....you can do it....

on the second one.....you can put noob too.....they are sinonyms....but they have diferent power.....noob is a stong word....generaly too insult because of it power...newbie is more friendly...newcomer is too formal......new on this is a grup of words..... that means the same as the others......

That's what i think.....

maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm right....who knows?

bannercodeah7.png

I suppose the post was pretty irelevent. I sill don't like the word, but I'm sorry for posting when unnecesery :cry:

Rick can you delete the topic or lock it or something?

Zacariem :lol:

We did.

Anythings possible!

zacariem_firy_sig2.png