csm725 ‣ Sep 15 ‣ AAUXNEXT: POSTER ‣ P29

csm725

New, jungle photomanipulation using Alpha Mask.

Hidden Content: Mini-tut, PM for more secrets
Tip: take an image which is darkish, duplicate it, Soften Portrait, flatten. Dupe it twice so you have 3 copies. Set one copy to B&W, one to Sepia. The bottom layer is B&W, top is color. On a new layer, draw black brush strokes over the sections that look good in color. Blur them until they are barely recognizable (maybe a tad less than that). Copy that, Alpha Mask it with all checkboxes checked (I think). Now do the same for the Sepia layer. Flatten, Smart Blur. The end. There are some more secrets which can be revealed by PM.

Anyhoo here is the image:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/149/5/6/Jungle_Photomanipulation_by_csm725.png

I don't like the second, but the first is cool.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Our opinions are opposite... I'm not a big fan of Web 2.0's abuse of glossiness.

xZYt6wl.png

To be honest, I really like both. They are both really cool in their own ways. I like the freehand one in the first sig and the colors and gloss in the second.

Edit: It also makes sense that Pyro likesthe first one better, just look at his sig. :P

Edited by Weylin

I do think the colorful one shows off talent more than the freehand, and the palette is nice, it's just not my preference.

Edit: It also makes sense that Pyro likesthe first one better, just look at his sig. :P

They actually have even more in common than is immediately obvious. Try viewing mine against a dark background :D

xZYt6wl.png

I `m not so keen on the Tablet sig but the Colourful one is great. Lovely smooth edges to the text, nice choice of colours with some lovely shading and highlights. Nice one CSM. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@Weylin - Thank you!

@Pyro - Thanks for the comment (much appreciated) and I never knew that about your sig...

@Goonie - Thanks, I also like the colorful one more. Thank you for the comment and for noticing the details. ;)

Edited by csm725