merging and positioning images

I want to create a collage of multiple images, then output a single PNG file.

In PaintShop , I have been able to merge two images, but I could not control the exact positioning of one with respect to the other. Ideally, I would like start with a first image, then on a new layer, import a second image, then be able to move the second image around until I have it positioned as desired.

Can PdN do this, and if so, would some kind sole show me how?

Please bear in mind that I have less than two hours experience with PdN.

thank you

Just drag and drop your images into Paint.NET, and it will ask if you want to put them in a new layer. You may have to add them one at a time; can't remember and can't check on this device.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Once your second image has been imported to the new layer, take your Move Selected Pixels tool (top right of the Tools windows) and move the image to the desired location.

Also feel free to check out this tutorial: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27096

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y