.psd plugin doesn't work with file

naturalp

Downloaded the latest .psd plugin and put the dll into the effects directory and it works - but not with all .psd files.. specifically the one I need! - it just shows a black and white smudged image - any suggestions why this would be?

If you can, zip up the .psd and post it here, and someone with Photoshop can take a look and see what feature it uses that Photoshop supports but Paint.NET's Photoshop plugin doesn't (of which there are many). Or the file may just be corrupt...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The OP states that it does work, but not for all files. I guess that this means the ref to the \Effects folder is a simple error. To get it to work at all it would have to be located in the \Filetype folder.

Your guess is probably correct, EER.

However, I'm not totally ready to assume that there isn't a previously

installed, now forgotten, and presently obsolete .dll in FileTypes that

PdN is drawing on while the new .dll sits unused in Effects.

In any event, naturalp will know. We don't at the moment.

hI - Thanks for al your interest and I've attached the file. This was a new paint.net install and I did put the psd dll file into the effects directory and it does work with other .psd files.. just not the one I need!

psd.zip

.... and I did put the psd dll file into the effects directory ...

Oops! You should have placed it in the \FileTypes folder as per Sarkut's post above.

Try placing it there and restart PDN.

If you still have no joy get back to us with the contents of your \Filetypes folder. As Sarkut suggested, you might have a legacy plugin lurking there.

Thanks but that didn't work either - what is a 'legacy plugin'? - this is a new install.. what am I looking for? - if I uninstall pin net and reinstall elsewhere will the legacy plugin still be there?..

Ok so i uninstalled Paint and reinstalled in a new directory and put the .dl lfile in the File types directory - no joy - now I'm wondering if I have the right plugin. I find this site really difficult to navigate and spent hours lokking in the plugins directory until I found this - here's the link http://frankblumenberg.de/doku/doku.php ... in#history

Is the correct plugin? Maybe it isn't and that's why it doesn't work?

I believe that is the correct plugin.

File Types is the recommended directory, although it seems

to work from the Effects folder also. Odd.

Have you been able to verify by other ways that this .psd file

contains the additional images that you want?

That it is not a damaged file, I mean.

clever but not quite right - it should look like this template here http://www.falabellacheval.com/ but I can't get it to display - I do like the tiny upload though - !Thanks..

His his file doesn't look like that, I highly doubt the original file look like that.

It was opened in GIMP and saved as an .xcf file.

That .xcf file was then opened and saved as a .psd file.

Good idea. I'm totally going to write a script to automate that.

In, the past when I had a .psd, I had to edit with Gimp. Thanks for the tip.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Minus the horses - yes it did sort of - .. its the colours that are important and I must find a way of viewing psd files reliably...won't paint.net do this then? ...