Help for a newbie!

Ryu281

I'm a new user of Paint.NET and I was wondering about how exactly do you do all those things with images?

I understand having to make layers...but how do you change the layers?

See what I want to do is to take part of one pic, and replace part of another with the first part, then change the color scheme. I know that Photoshop would probably be the easiest to do this with (I say this at the risk of getting stoned by the members :wink: ) but I really don't feel like spending that much money...

If you need the specific pictures to help answer my request, please say so

Thanks in advance

RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM...TRICK OR TREAT!

Read some Tut"s, and as your doing these things, you will find out about all these diffrent things... and all these diffrent ways to go about doing things...

I read some but most weren't very helpful because the authors took for granted skills at using Paint.NET which I don't have.

Even the most basic of things to do i'm still confused at how to do them...

RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM RED RUM...TRICK OR TREAT!

Ok so this may seem like an odd request, but to each his own.

I want to replace the wings of this robot:

anime012.jpg

with the wings of this one:

Strike_Freedom_Gundam.jpg

I'd also like to add the guns on the hips of the second robot to the hips of the first one.

Then, after that, I'd like to change the color scheme, but if it's not possible...oh well.

(yes the two robots were draw at different times, hence the difference in effects)

I kinda figured...

on an unrelated (to that picture) note: Is there an easier way to change colors than to have to change each tile separately? can I include shading? (kinda like the effects on the second robot. How there are shadows)

Cause if so, I have another robot pic i'd like to change, though this one only needs a color job.

strikecustamdq1.jpg

as you can see, the color job has been half done, but it's incomplete. (the legs and inner arms are the completed parts, the upper body needs work)

I have a feeling the picture and coloring were done by photoshop...might make it harder here...

I can do it for you tommorrow when I get on my other comp... I will post the results here. I will save one as PNG, and the other a PSD, make sure you install the photoshop file plugin too....I will be making it in photoshop.

ravennm3.png

Hm... the color jobs can easily be done using the conditional hue/saturation plugin, even without destroying any shadings. (that is, if i understood it correctly and you want to _change_ colors; otherwise if you want to put colors to a black and white picture, you'd probably put another layer on top, set to "multiplicative" and put the colors on that one (if it's this what you meant, tell me so i can explain that method a little more :wink:)

And about the wings and guns: you'll have to carefully cut off the wings from the first one, then select the wings of the second one and copy-paste them onto the other one, best on a new layer on top. Then you might want to adjust the positions of the wingsand the distance in between, selecting only on wing at a time and moving it around on the layer. Guns work similar, just you won't have to cut anything away from the first one first :wink:

Selecting the wings should be quite easy since they're no real photo or sth., but cartoon style; the magic wand tool will work great here ;)

Knowing that I've only read the first post on this topic, here's a quickie I came up with:

Transformer_for_forum.png

It was quite complecated, so I can't do a tutorial now, but I may be able to soon...

Zacariem 8)

They said we couldn't fly.

We did.

Anythings possible!

zacariem_firy_sig2.png

thanks for the help, but the magic wand doesn't select just the wings...it's a little weird what the wand selects on that pic. The leg skirt thingy, it takes the main part and half of on side, leaving the rest unselected.

On the colors note: yes i want to change colors.

on the picture note: Very good, but not quite there yet. Some things that are missing: the guns on the hips of the second robot (makes the left wing look a little better because u see the edge of the gun as white space on the wing)

Tutorials for this kind of thing would be greatly apperciated (this is the stuff i'll be working on most of the time...combining parts of robots to make new ones, or changing the colors of said robots)

For those who are curious: The robots are called Mobile Suits in the show they originate from. These particular ones are both Gundams. The red one is from New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, and the blue and white one (which is newer) is from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny. Long titles I know :P