It just keeps getting better!!!

I am please to be able to use this program. I have recommended it to many of my friends. I also have a "PC Tips and Tricks" http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27999742 ebook available and I place it as my personal recommended paint program.

I do have a question. I used to be able to take my pictures and automatically open them in Paint.Net. I cannot do that any more. How do I get it to be my default for jpg, png or gif? I tried working in the Windows (Vista 32) Help, but it was no . . . Help.

Before, I could open to Paint.Net by using "Open with". At that time, I have tried to make it my deault (available in the "Open With" selection). It gave me a "RUN DLL 32". Can't I use Paint.net any more?

I have used the 'browse' (still in "Open With") and selected Paint.net.exe but it does not 'take.' (I can select it, but it does not join the selection group.

I also tried the "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound," and "Auto Play" which is where "Pictures" default is located, but it is not there either.

It is as if the PC is not seeing Paint.net. Vista worked before on this, and I have not upgraded to Windows 7. I can open it from my desktop shortcut, but I cannot double click on a photo and have Paint.net open.

Thank you again for an excellent program

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat

• 1 month later...
I do have a question. I used to be able to take my pictures and automatically open them in Paint.Net. I cannot do that any more. How do I get it to be my default for jpg, png or gif? I tried working in the Windows (Vista 32) Help, but it was no . . . Help.

When you right-click and select edit, does it open in Paint.NET? The rundll file is probably the windows photo viewer.

I also tried the "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound," and "Auto Play" which is where "Pictures" default is located, but it is not there either.

Just FYI, AutoPlay is a Windows "feature" that performs an action (e.g. playing a dvd or opening the drive as a folder) when media is inserted, so it won't affect open with.

KaHuc.png