Help with setting backgrounds to Transparent

If someone can point me in the right direction........

When setting the background of an image to "Transparent" I always have "White" shown....

The background "behind" the picture is "Black"....

I expect its been discussed already, but a pointer to what's happening would be appreciated

Thanks

Peter

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what your asking.

If you mean, how to make a plain background tansparent, then that's easy. Just use the magic wand tool, set the tolerance to anything under 50 and click on the background. Or, you could select the whole image, and edit > cut it.

Also, if you using layers, if the layer you transperatized is under another non-trnasparent layer, then you won't be able to see the change anyway.

EDIT: Just re-read your question. I think you mean you have a render, basically, with a black background? Magic wand > tolerance under 20 or so > click on the background > done. :)

Brushesahoysignatureepiconeto.png

If someone can point me in the right direction........

When setting the background of an image to "Transparent" I always have "White" shown....

The background "behind" the picture is "Black"....

I expect its been discussed already, but a pointer to what's happening would be appreciated

Thanks

Peter

I think i get what you are looking for. You are saving your images as jpg format. You have to save as png format for it to keep the transparency. If that isn't what you are looking for feel free to correct me :D

oh yeah if you getting renders you should right click on them and save as png. If you just copy you get that white background on it.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Everybody,

Thanks for all the advice, I have been saving images as jpg.........

Using the png option worked, making the transparent areas stay that way, and all is fine now.

I thought it would be a simple thing, and I must change my ways a bit I guess.

Thanks again

Peter