How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll is not there.

That's because I placed it in the Filetypes folder. I just moved it back into the Effects folder and the effects still won't load. Any other suggestions?

Right-click on one of them and select properties. If there's an unblock button click it and do this for all of them.

Simon Brown, you are a genious! Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm taking the long way around here, but I'm one of those "simple" people and need some help! I've just started using PDN and adding plug ins. Added several yesterday, then found MadJick's post and all his extra dlls. Downloaded, extracted, put into the effects file as I had previously done. When I opened my PDN just now I have nothing! Even the ones that were in and working yesterday are all gone and I have no clue what I've done or what happened. Would appreciate any explaination or help you can give! Thanks in advance!

P.S.

Love the program, plug ins, and tutorials and have worked with a few of each in the last week or so...now I want to do more!!

Close, then re-open Paint.NET.

======================

Look here:

Utilities > View Plugin Load Errors

If any error reports are present, pls. post them.

======================

Also, open your Paint.NET Effects folder, and make a full screenshot.

It should show the contents of the folder and the full folder path in the address field.

Post the Direct Link, or thumbnail.

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

http://imageshack.us/

OK. I don't see any MadJik plugins.

Can you expand the pane to show all plugin files.

(All of the Effects folder's contents.)

May need to do more than one screenshot to show everything.

===================================

Edit - Color Zoom Blur is MadJik's.

Edited by Sarkut

I downloaded a lot...also on Madjick's forum write up, he had external links to his pack, but I only downloaded specific ones that I thought I might be able to work with. I'll have to send these separate...dial up is taking me awhile!

post-81232-129754183491_thumb.png

post-81232-12975422276_thumb.png

post-81232-129754235528_thumb.png

Delete those outlined in red.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7959/1nvw9rfraa.png

Actually I think that you should delete all files from the Effects folder and start over.

It looks like you may have installed files from the illegal amiho... site, or some other offsite download.

Plugins downloaded from anywhere other than the plugin forum can be problematic.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/7-plugins-publishing-only/

===========================================================

There are a lot of out-dated, obsolete files showing.

Edited by Sarkut

Most of these I got from the brusheezy site...the rest I found today under Madjick's post on how to put something under glass. Is there a specific clue to what's legal and what's illegal?

I just remembered..I got some of the artistic curls from brusheezy, the others I took from the paint.net site, then Madjick's today. And there have been some brushes that I've downloaded I cannot get to load up, all I get is the jpg. image, so am going to delete those as well.

And I keep forgetting to say...my plug ins are back, other than my page curl, but I will go in and remove whatever I can find that has this amihot attached to it!! Thank you!!

Edited by PattiG

I just pulled up the site I THOUGHT was paint.net and in the addy bar is the "amiho". I downloaded a LOT from there, but have no clue which ones! Can you tell me which ones to delete so as not to delete the original plug ins that come with the program?

No Effects plugins come with the program.

You can safely empty the Effects folder.

The files that are outlined in red above were there, but only by mistake.

They shouldn't have been there.

All right..thank you again. I will delete them all and start over with the link you gave me!! Appreciate all the help and I'm sure I'll have more "how to" questions in the future!! ;)

1. Delete all the contents of the Effects and Filetypes folders. You'll be left with a clean copy of Paint.NET with only the standard tools and effects.

2. Download any effects you need to replace from this forum. NEVER download any plugins from anywhere else - you're just asking for trouble if you do.

There is a link to the plugin index in my signature. From there you can find all the latest plugins available.

If you are looking for the best-of-the-best, download the plugin packs pinned to the top of the plugin Forum.

Hello there,

As you can probably tell, I'm a newbie... I'm also, (not exaggerating at all) the most computer illiterate person you will ever come into contact with. So bear with me...

Here's my question (hope this is an appropriate place to post it): How do I get "custom brushes" onto Paint.Net?

I've already gotten the "custombrushesmini..." plugin in my effects and then "tools" place, but when I click on it and then click "ADD BRUSH" it only lets me add pictures from my computer (which are all square images.)

I've managed to get a few plugins from this forum, and I've figured out (for the most part) how to get them, extract, then copy, then add to "EFFECTS" in paint.net and actually use them... But I can't for the life of me get any brushes onto my Paint.Net.

Any help would SERIOUSLY be appreciated.

You could make a non-square image on a transparent background,

save as PNG, then add it to the brush folder.

Typical location:

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes"

Do you upload brush plugins any differently than you do other plugins? I always put them (by them I mean any and every plugin I ever try to use) in "effects"... is that the wrong place to put them? Here's the brush I was really trying to get: I was trying to get that smoke brush... is the problem with THAT plugin? (Like it doesn't work with the new Paint.net, or something like that?)

Edited by EggmanEdd

<br />Do you upload brush plugins any differently than you do other plugins? I always put them (by them I mean any and every plugin I ever try to use) in "effects"... is that the wrong place to put them? Here's the brush I was really trying to get: <a href=' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>http://forums.getpai...use-of-brushes/</a> I was trying to get that smoke brush... is the problem with THAT plugin? (Like it doesn't work with the new Paint.net, or something like that?)<br />

Thanks for that link, hadn't seen that page yet.

I was going through the steps, and I've downloaded a brush from "Brusheezy"... but then I see this (the next step):

"Where do I put the brushes when I download them?

CustomBrushesMini v1.9 uses .png files, so its best to make sure you download these to use. Once you've downloaded the files, THIS PART >>>> just place them in your "Custom Brushes" folder (Usually My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes). Once your files are in here, just go to the CustomBrushesMini console (Effects>Tools>CustomBrushesMini), and they should be there."

So, I'm supposed to extract, then copy (like always) but instead of putting them in the PAINT.net/EFFECT folder, I put them in my "Custom Brushes" folder???

How do I find that folder?

When I said I was computer illiterate, I wasn't joking. lol One problem I seem to have is not knowing how to locate certain folders, or even finding out if I have this folder!

So, I know it's a dumb question, but how do I find that "custom brushes" folder?