How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

the plugins on this thread im posting on.

people keep telling me to extract that files then place it in the effects folder...i don't even know what their talking about.

ive looked everywhere for these effects folders...and im so lost.... :(

Add me on Gaiaonline.com!

username: xXH i k a r i N a m iXx

please help me! im so new to paint.net

Try reading the last few pages of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25303.

If you have further questions about Smudge, post them in that thread.

i finally figured it out - simple file sharing was enabled so i couldn't get to the security tab to give myself the option to give me the preference to make it non read only

Can you explain how to fix this? I'm having this problem and I don't know what to do to change it.

kjw1522:

It may be helpful if you can give some more info.

What OS version are you using? XP, Vista...?

What specifically have you tried so far?

And what happens/doesn't happen when you do that?

Just in your own words, pls.

Edited by Sarkut

I have Vista. So I click on the downloading link, and it says open/save, etc. I click Save, and I go to the Paint.NET folder, and I go to Effects, and I try to save it in the Effects folder but an error message comes up that says I don't have permission to save to this location, and I should contact my administrator for permission. So I went on the administrator's account and tried the same thing, but it said the same message. So it makes me think that there's some sort of setting I have to change in order to be able to save files to the Effects folder, but I don't know what it could be. :\

So I went on the administrator's account and tried the same thing, but it said the same message. So it makes me think that there's some sort of setting I have to change in order to be able to save files to the Effects folder, but I don't know what it could be. :\

In the admin account: Download the file, unzip it (if you need to) and copy the files across.

KaHuc.png

Zoe, which plugin are you trying to install, and how are you trying to install it?

(& you have carefully read the first post in this thread?)

Zoe, which plugin are you trying to install, and how are you trying to install it?

(& you have carefully read the first post in this thread?)

the Curtis' Plugin Pack. I am follerwing what it says and it wont lert me save in effects either.

I am crazy about paint.net

Download the ZIP to your downloads folder/desktop, unzip it and copy the files across. If you're using XP you'll have to do this using an admin account.

how do i unzip it?

I am crazy about paint.net

Plugins rarely work for me...I've read and reread this post countless times, gotten advice from experienced PDNers, and nothing. The only plugins that have EVER worked for me are mirror, reflection, 3D object (Which barely works for me) and feather (which doesn't work at all since I updated)

I've tried hundreds of individual plugins, anywhere from Pyrochild to Boltbait, and they don't work. I'm running an HP with Windows Vista, and I see no reason for them to work for me any less than someone else.

roflcopter.gif

Datruel3gend:

Many of the plugins have been updated to work with PDN v.3.51.

You may need to update your .dlls with the current versions.

If you could post a link to a full-sized screenshot showing the contents

of your Paint.NET\Effects folder it may help troubleshoot why plugins aren't

working reliably for you.