How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

You should change browser as my link works on both Firefox 3.5, I.E.8 and Maxthon 2 ...

I can't, Sadly my parents won't allow me I bet your thinking, "Haha you listen to your parents!" But, I have Internet Explorer and I can't get it to work :(

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

You should change browser as my link works on both Firefox 3.5, I.E.8 and Maxthon 2 ...

Note: Don't bother helping me as i'm just pointing this out.

It doesn't work for me in both IE8 and Firefox 3.0.11.

KaHuc.png

Now, it doesn't work !

But this link was still a good URL when I gave it.

It's not my fault if this is a broken link right now... :oops:

I dont know why but all of a sudden the plugins I installed to paint.net stopped showing up, I have had the plugins in for quite a while and for some reason they just stopped showing up and when I look on the file drop down menu it says there are errors adding the plugins. So I uninstalled paint.net then re-installed it and installed all the same plugins and they still dont work. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I dont know why but all of a sudden the plugins I installed to paint.net stopped showing up, I have had the plugins in for quite a while and for some reason they just stopped showing up and when I look on the file drop down menu it says there are errors adding the plugins. So I uninstalled paint.net then re-installed it and installed all the same plugins and they still dont work. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Show us the error messages you are getting.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting an error when I use my drop shadow plug in. I even tried downloading the plugin again. Can someone please advise if there is something else I need to do? I have restarted paint.net and I have rebooted my computer.

The error

dropshadowerror.jpg

The details

pluginerror.png

I just installed Paint.net last night. A few hours ago I decided to download and install my first plugin BoltBaitPack. However I am having a huge problem. When I first downloaded it I downloaded it as an application extension to the Effects folder, just like it told me to. Then I went to the folder to unzip it, but it said the folder was empty. Afterwards, I used my computer's search and I found the shortcut to the plugin in the recent documents folder. I tried opening it and it said that the shortcut has been broken. It asked me if I wanted to delete the shortcut or fix it. I clicked fix and it sent me to the Effects folder, and there it was. I clicked properties and unblocked it. But after that I'm not sure what I did, and where it says "Opens with:" on the properties it says "Internet Explorer", which I found a little strange because it was supposed to be a folder. I opened it, and then my computer went all screwy. Internet Explorer kept opening and closing very rapidly. Even Task Manager was having trouble because of how high the CPU usage was (about 98%). I understood at that point that Task Manager was pretty worthless. I logged off. Then I logged back onto my computer. I quickly went to the search and found the shortcut to the plugin again. Then once again I saw that the shortcut was broken. I fixed it to find the original, deleted the original, and then deleted the shortcut. Next I deleted them both from the Recycling Bin. I went online again to re-download the plugin, but instead of saving it as an application extension, it saved it as a zip file, and it didn't allow me to change that. And just like last time, when I went directly to the effects folder, nothing appeared. So I had to find the shortcut (which was already broken), fix it, then see if I could find the plugin and install it. But I couldn't because it still would open up with IE, and I wasn't going to repeat that same mistake. Now everytime I delete it from my computer and re download the exact same thing happens. I really want that plugin too. Any help?

Sorry it was a long read. I wanted to make sure to put in as much details about my situation as possible.

Mavericksig2-1.jpg?t=1249022689

Well I am using Windows 7 and there is no Unblock button and it still wont let me use it on Paint.net any other suggestions?

My 1 Wish For Paint.Net Bring back my pressure sensitivity, My tablets collecting dust...

Heyy,

Well, I'm not really a newbie to PDN (had it for several months now; just fiddling with it), but I am to the forums.

Forced to drop in though, as I tried to install a plug-in today and clearly failed miserably.

I downloaded a drop shadow file, extension .dll. I downloaded, unzipped completely, and moved the file into C:/Program Files/Paint.Net/Effects (my keyboard hasn't a backslash). The Effects folder was empty apart from this new file.

Anyway, I closed PDN and re-opened: nothing there. I checked Adjustments, and all Effect sub-menus.

I tried the whole process again, this time with PDN closed the whole time. When I started it up afterward, there was still no file.

Gimmie a hand, guys?

Drop shadow comes as part of a package of files. You need to install the supporting files as well.

Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll: You allways need this dll. It includes the framework used by the other dll's.

Re-read the original post, I'm sure the files are detailed there. Also read through the entire thread pertaining to that plugin as I'm sure this problem has been discussed before.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't, Sadly my parents won't allow me I bet your thinking, "Haha you listen to your parents!" But, I have Internet Explorer and I can't get it to work :(

DO you have a USB Thumb Drive that is yours?, you can install portable firefox on the thumb drive and it not be installed on the PC problem salved.

Ok not to sound like an idiot but where should the AlphaMaskImport folder be placed?

C:\Programs Files\Paint.net ?

See the first post of this thread.

KaHuc.png

If you have trouble understanding how to use a plugin from a written tutorial, then maybe a quick video will teach you how.

Hope it helps:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Are you sure ths is the right place to post this :?: I'd have thought the Tutorial section was more appropriate.

Thanks for taking the time to share though :!:

I think this should be the right place. The tutorials section is for tutorials related to images. This one is for plugins.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y