How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

Hello sunnyorangelife.

We need a little more information about your problem if we are to help you effectively.

My Computer Is Not Working Well With Plug Ins
Which plugins are you referring to, and how is your computer not working well with them?
And I Cant Find A Folder To Put It In Right [...] I Cant Find The Folder There Is No Effects Or Pluggin Folder
Are you looking in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET?

If you can answer us those, we'll be well on the way to helping you out.

EDIT: after four days, how much chance is there for a return of sunnyorangelife?

Well i try to download plug ins but there is no effects folder or plug in folder and everytime i try to download it it never works

I have downloaded the Plugin. (Shape3D)

Everytime i drag it into the Effects folder i get the Following error message.

Cannot move Shape3D:Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected

and that the file is not currently in use.

I have no Idea what this means. Would anyone mind

helping me out?

...but there is no effects folder or plug in folder...
If you do not have an Effects folder in the correct location (default: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET), then reinstall Paint.NET as that should likely rectify this problem.

As for the plugins not working, well, if they're not in your Effects folder, they won't work. You cannot simply double-click the extracted DLL file and hey-presto, or drag-and-drop the file directly into Paint.NET (wouldn't we all like that, though?), you have to move the file into said mentioned folder.

Once you have your folder reinstated, we'll see where to go from there.

I'm having a bit of trouble with plugins, can someone help me?

As far as I can see, everything's right. My effects folder has the Shape 3-D pluin in it, and I've restarted PDN but I can't see the new effect :(

PDNhelp5.jpg

Coloursig.jpg

Im still having trouble with this if anybody can help pm me plz

11qk5xv.jpg

Im still learning :D So Not the Best Sig Out there (Tips would be great)

I'm having a bit of trouble with plugins, can someone help me?

As far as I can see, everything's right. My effects folder has the Shape 3-D pluin in it, and I've restarted PDN but I can't see the new effect :(

th_PDNhelp5.jpg

Wait, DLL file icon shouldn't be like that.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I know the issue has been sorted, but as far as the changed icon for the DLL goes, the association for the file might have been changed. The icon changed to mirror the application it will be opened by, it won't modify the file (shouldn't, I mean shouldn't change). It's a bit like an image, you can opt for the file to be associated with Windows Photo Gallery, but you can still use it with Paint.NET.

:)

ive been trying install pluggins for almost 2 days straight and i cant i friying tried like 29 times and i cant :(

i think i've done eveerything right but then when i open paint.net[go to file\/view plug in errors... it says\/

25 of 29

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Duotones.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.10.2791.35937, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

26 of 29

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.FadeEdge.dll

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.10.2791.35937, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

27 of 29

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Monochromes.dll

28 of 29

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.Samples.dll

29 of 29

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ZoomBlurDeluxe_v0.2.dll

Effect Name: ZoomBlurDeluxe.ZoomBlurDeluxeEffect

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'Render' in type 'ZoomBlurDeluxe.ZoomBlurDeluxeEffect' from assembly 'ZoomBlurDeluxe, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

for all 29 of the times i've tried

what does it mean :cry:

please help

Okay so I downloaded the grid thing, and followed the steps from the first post. but so far I can't find it when I open paint and all I've done is cluttered up my desktop.