Beginner Pains

I recently installed Paint.net 3.3 x 3.5,

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Amongst other things, I can not get out of the paste- surrounded by the selection box or lines mode, . .

When I paste onto the canvas, How do I click out of the

selection mode ? And how do I get back into it for example if I want to move an image ?

Also, please tell me which is better for resolution if I am going to send an image to the printer.

The image needs to be 300 pixels at 100%

I found the Canvas Size under image, and would like to know what the best way to get the highest quality image that will expand for printing to a canvas size of apx. 22" x 24" ?

I am pasting from a MS Paint or I could open the digital photo with Paint.net, but am presently using MS paint because I need to trim the image first, I'm sure I can do this when opening with Paint.net , once I learn to use the tools.

I need to keep within the printers guide lines, and want to know can I do the work in MSPaint the complete it and paste it into the Paint.net program and save it as PNG. after I use the canvas size from image ?

I can answer a few of your questions:

To deactivate a selection, press CTRL+D.

To select everything on your current layer, hit CTRL+A.

To move your selection, hit CTRL+M, then move it either by clicking and dragging with the mouse or using the arrow keys.

Generally, the higher resolution the image, the higher quality print. To change the DPI (pixels per inch), hit CTRL+R (the resize tool) and change the resolution from the default 96 to 300. I don't know how helpful that would be to you.