Resolution in Paint.net vs. MS Paint

Jove

Recently I have decided to take a painting I have done and transpose it for commercial reproductions, . .

I worked on it using my PC paint MS Paint V 5.1 Program and copied the work onto a CD when I took it to the commercial printer, he was unable to reproduce it because of the resolution, as I want to make a print that will be 18" x 24", he told me that the resolution needs to be around 300 ppsi, . . . It seems that MS Paint is 64 dots per inch.

I'm not sure if that is 64 x 64 or what but apparently it can not be adjusted to my needs, . .

Would you please tell me will this Paint.net application provide me with what I need?

You should edit your thread title to something more descriptive, as right now it is breaking the forum rules.

However, to answer your question, yes, Paint.NET has an adjustable DPI when you create a new document or by going to Image > Resize with your document open.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

18" x 24" @ 300dpi is an image 5400px x 7200px.

If your image is a great deal smaller in pixel size, you're going to have a problem stretching the pixels you have to make it that print size without losing detail.

What are your image dimensions in pixels?

You're welcome Jove.

And by the way, ike EER said, you might have some troubles if your starting image is excessively small. To fix that, I recommend using an external program such as SmillaEnlarger.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I have no idea why mspaint is giving you 64dpi.

Resolution (DPI) is just a number that's written into the image file. Changing it causes the image to print at a different size, but doesn't affect the pixels.

ResizeDialog.png

To change the DPI just go to Image->Resize and type in a new number for resolution. Then click OK.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg