Sign in to follow this  
ownage

Toon Filter

Found a simple way to use the Toon effect to make beautiful pictures by combining it with the Ed Harvey Surface Blur effect:

1. Open the picture that you want to apply the Toon effect on.

2. Duplicate this layer so that you have two layers with the same picture.

3. Apply the Toon effect onto the new layer (the top layer on the Layers' window).

4. Apply the Ed Harvey Surface Blur effect onto the 'tooned' layer.

5. Going to the Layers' menu --> Layer's Properties --> Keep the mode 'Normal' but reduce opacity to about 140.

6. Flatten the layers.

7. Admire your finished product - lol!

Is there a problem with running this plugin in Vista? I have tried to download into the effects folder, but I keep getting the message that I don't have permission to do that. I am running as program administrator, and compatible with xp. I am able to download other plugins, so I don't know what to try next!

Is there a problem with running this plugin in Vista? I have tried to download into the effects folder, but I keep getting the message that I don't have permission to do that. I am running as program administrator, and compatible with xp. I am able to download other plugins, so I don't know what to try next!

Try downloading to your desktop then copying the dll over to the effects folder.

On 10/11/2007 at 6:46 PM, davidtayhs said:

Found a simple way to use the Toon effect to make beautiful pictures by combining it with the Ed Harvey Surface Blur effect:

1. Open the picture that you want to apply the Toon effect on.

2. Duplicate this layer so that you have two layers with the same picture.

3. Apply the Toon effect onto the new layer (the top layer on the Layers' window).

4. Apply the Ed Harvey Surface Blur effect onto the 'tooned' layer.

5. Going to the Layers' menu --> Layer's Properties --> Keep the mode 'Normal' but reduce opacity to about 140.

6. Flatten the layers.

7. Admire your finished product - lol!

@davidtayhs Thanks for the mini tutorial. It works very well - at least to my liking. B)

Toon-Plugin.png

Edited by AndrewDavid
Refreshed Link

11 minutes ago, Sakana Oji said:

PAGE NOT FOUND 

In the future, please use archive.org to find the corresponding topics for old forum links.

In this case, the topic you're looking for is: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/3474-ink-sketch-effect-plugin-now-with-source-code/

This is also the third time this week you have not followed the forum rules. On two separate occasions, Pixey and I both asked you to read and follow them.

There are reasons behind every one of those rules. You need to follow them.