How to Install Plugins ×

dpy's Plugin Pack (2014-05-04)

dpy

hi, I've installed the plugin, Paint.net was closed,I removed read only attributes to all files, and unblocked any that had unblock buttons but the effects still don't show up.

Is there anything else I can do to make this work?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Excellent! Welcome to the forum Michael :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to open an account here just so I could say thank you so much for the speech bubble plug in. If you take suggestions, I have one small suggestion for allowing more places to put the direction. Or, if possible, is there a way I can edit the plugin using something like notepad to add in other directions?

Edited by Sonario648
Adding in a bit more to the post.

• 1 month later...

I have follow the instructions step by step. I have it save in program files/paint.NET/effects, I have opened paint.net several times and even restarted my computer. there is no plugin errors in the settings. I still am unable to get this plugin to work on my paint.net. I got it on the Microsoft store. I have even deleted and downloaded it again just to make sure I did it right. what else can I do or where would this plugin be on paint.net?

6 minutes ago, mindbody&soul said:

I got it on the Microsoft store.

If you are using paint.net from the Windows Store, plugins shouldn't be in Program Files.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 months later...

Curious if the ==> 2014-05-04 8.1 Pack <== is the latest version of the plug-in pack? Through my initial searching, I haven't found any update beyond this, but I might not be searching everywhere.

* apologies for violating rule #2 here as I replied on the heels of all of the former discussion ... I can't seem to find a "delete" option to remedy this problem and re-direct my question

** having a clearer release notes version history might help avoid questions like mine here today ... it appears that different plug-in producers are following different release management processes within the forums so thank you for your patience with me on this question 👍

Edited by Heraclitus
Reviewed Rule #2 and couldn't find a "delete" option.

20 minutes ago, Heraclitus said:

* apologies for violating rule #2 here as I replied on the heels of all of the former discussion

You're fine.  Rule #2 is really just so people don't START threads in the plugin forum asking questions about plugins or requesting plugins, etc.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My system is Windows 10, I have Paint.Net v4.1.6 installed and have installed some plugins, using the instructions from Paint.Net. I have downloaded and extracted dpyplugins8.1 in the paint.net "effects" folder. When I open paint.net, circle text functions are not available/active. Help??

6 minutes ago, Steelking22 said:

... and have installed some plugins ... I have downloaded and extracted dpyplugins8.1 in the paint.net "effects" folder. When I open paint.net, circle text functions are not available/active

And your other plugins work without issue?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Do you have the menu Effects > Text Formations?

If you do, hover over the first entry and post a screenshot of the tool tip that shows up.

• 2 months later...

Hello. First, thanks dpy for the great plugins :)

Second, I'm using ColorBalance+ (version 1.1.4330.37850, from here) and I've noticed its menu looking a bit wrong now. See: as if "Magenta" moves "Green" to the edge. 

dpyC-B.JPG.0e4ab41239074343edc50c118bf98c9d.JPG

It just happened the other day. Never looked like that before. The PDN version was 4.24, and I updated to 4.25 but it still looks funny. I even tried PDNrepair.

Not a big deal, of course, but maybe there's a bug to be fixed?

PS. If that matters, my display is 1440x900. And I haven't changed the system default font size. The bug just came out of nowhere...

Edited by Vagabondi

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

9 hours ago, Vagabondi said:

...and I've noticed its menu looking a bit wrong now.

This has always been the case (as far as I can remember; I started with version 3.5.11). In this case, the interface does not depend on paint.net and his changes, but depends on number of whitespaces, which the author effect placed between words Magenta and Green.

It is logical to assume that if the words Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are tied to the left edge, then the words Red, Green and Blue should be aligned to the right - take a look at the interface of the Color Balance effect by @BoltBait.

9 hours ago, Vagabondi said:

Not a big deal, of course, but maybe there's a bug to be fixed?

The last time @dpy was at the forum in July 2016. Try to send him a private message, maybe he will respond to your request to change the interface. Although I do not consider this situation a bug.

• Like 1

ReMake, thanks for the respond :)

Well, I started much later -- with the 4.021 version, and it wasn't the case, believe it or not. Btw here's the classic menu from the plugin thread and it looks okay. Green - Red - Blue straight in line. (Mine used to look the same & I totally have no idea how I managed to mess with it.)

Anyway, it doesn't matter much as long as the plugin keeps working fine & won't crash. And I didn't realize that dpy is not a regular visitor now (should have checked the profile). Nevermind...

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

• 6 months later...

Instructions are given in the first post in this thread. If you have the MS Store version the location is different see my post above:
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/16643-dpys-plugin-pack-2014-05-04/?do=findComment&comment=551952 .

• 4 weeks later...

Your pack is fantastic, I was looking for curved text and your plugin is perfect, it was a wonderful bonus that it had other plugins too, all excellent, thank you 👍 

• 4 months later...