Compiling Paint .NET in SharpDevelop?

Hi. I stumbled across Paint .NET a few days ago, and was rather interested in its development, and what it can already do. However, I cannot afford to purchase Visual Studio 2005, so to program in C#, I am using a free .NET IDE called SharpDevelop (information about SharpDevelop can be found at http://www.icsharpcode.com/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx ). When compiling Paint .NET in SharpDevelop, I get 47 errors, most stating that VCBuild.exe couldn't be loaded, and that the namespace SylusInput could not be loaded.

Does Paint .NET work in Visual Studio 2005 Express? This would be helpful, however I am unable to download it since I am on dialup. If I could somehow get VCBuild.exe and the missing namespaces and get everything working, I'd be quite satisfied. Otherwise this would probably mean a lot of work for the team to support.

Hope to keep in touch with everyone here.

When compiling Paint .NET in SharpDevelop, I get 47 errors

#Develop didn't compile C/C++ code, which is included in Paint.NET source.

Does Paint .NET work in Visual Studio 2005 Express?

I'm installing V C Express & V C# Express to check it definitely.

EDIT : NO you can't. Express Versions doesn't link each other & vdproj support is not provided.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Rick: I wanted to use a search function, but did not find it until I checked again a few moments ago. Guess I was expecting it somewhere around the menus, or an input box or something. I'll be sure to use it next time.

Bob: Do you have any idea on how to get SharpDevelop to compile C/C++ source as well?

Edit: Rick, I just tried out the search engine and couldn't find anything related to using SharpDevelop. I read a few things relating to using Visual Studio Express, but nto SharpDevelop.

get SharpDevelop to compile C/C++ source as well?

you just can't.

I think there's no free Windows C/C++/C# compiler because Microsoft surely want royalties to accessing Windows.Forms & Microsoft Foundation Classes (btw others).

No Troll please.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

get SharpDevelop to compile C/C++ source as well?

you just can't.

I think there's no free Windows C/C++/C# compiler because Microsoft surely want royalties to accessing Windows.Forms & Microsoft Foundation Classes (btw others).

No Troll please.

Bob, you are incorrect. You are trolling. Stop.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg