Saving a file

I am new to this and wanted to know how to save my work when I am thru. I use Save As and send it to a file but when Iopen the photo or work from the saved file I get the whole works and not just the picture. Do I need to publish it or something. Also, I can not email the finished work to someone as a photo (JPEG is how I save them). What do I need to do? Thanks

The whole works? What do you mean by that?

To save a picture, just use Save or Save as, pick the destination of your image, select your format, and hit save. Depending on the format you picked Paint.NET might ask for extra settings for the file. Pick your settings then hit Ok. Should be that simple.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The whole works? What do you mean by that?

To save a picture, just use Save or Save as, pic the destination of your image, select your format, and hit save. Depending on the format you picked Paint.NET might ask for extra settings for the file. Pick your settings then hit Ok. Should be that simple.

Yup, this picture reference may help you a little too?

5c16vm.png

By "The Whole Works" I mean that afte4r I saved the file I go to the location I saved it, opened it and I get the paint.net page that I used to create the file. I know how to save as or save and I saved as a JPEG in a folder location on my computer. I sent the file to my wife and when she tried to open it there was nothing. Thanks for the replys. I will figure it out.

fishrod:

Just a few suggestions.

Be sure that there are no video files or files that use DivX in

the folder you're saving your JPGs to.

Also in your Paint.NET program folder is PdnRepair.

You might try running that.

As a workaround try Layer Saver, found in the plugin section.

It's not actually a plugin, but a standalone executable.

It will extract every checkmarked layer in a .pdn file as

a separate image file.

Good luck with solving this.